First Generation Scholarship
Show us what The Power of Being You® means to you as a first generation college student in a 30 second video.
Scholarships will be paid on behalf of the awarded student, directly to the college or university they attend.
How to apply
- Track down your unofficial transcript
- Craft a short statement (500 characters or less) on what motivates you to be a first generation graduate
- Create a 30-45 second video that demonstrates what The Power of Being You means to you
Use original content only - capture only yourself, selfie-style, not other people, photos, music, videos, or unoriginal content. Keep it simple! Failure to follow video guidelines may render your scholarship application ineligible.
- Wednesday, Dec. 1, 2021—application period begins
- Monday, Feb. 28, 2022 (11:59 p.m. Central time)—application period closes
- April 2022—5 recipients selected and notified
- June 2022—initial payments made to recipients’ universities for 2022/2023 academic year
Who is eligible?
The program is open to legal residents of the 50 states and Washington, D.C., who are at least 18 years old, full-time students with a 3.0 GPA or above at an accredited college or university, and studying business or technology in a bachelor's or master's degree program.
Applicants must be a first, second, or third-year student with no immediate family members from previous generations that have received a bachelor's degree. An applicant is still considered a first generation student even if their immediate siblings have or are currently pursuing a bachelor's degree.
More on the scholarship
Hear from first generation student, and RSM Partner, Sergio de la Fe!
Who is not eligible?
Any employee, owner, intern (and immediate family members) of RSM US LLP, RSM US Wealth Management LLC, Risk & Regulatory Consulting, LLC, and their respective affiliated entities (collectively, "RSM") and of the foundation are not eligible.