© 2020 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Digital and IT Transformation
Effective transformation is much more than developing a strategy
Digital transformation has become a critical initiative within the middle market, as companies attempt to leverage innovation to achieve short- and long-term business goals. However, many organizations can confuse developing a strategy with implementing a digital transformation plan. While a strategy and road map are important steps, they are only pieces of a complete transformation approach that—when done right—can yield radical, positive change.
The urgency of establishing a defined direction for transformation is emphasized in RSM’s recent Digital Transformation Survey, where 73% of respondents stated that digital transformation has become more of a strategic priority in the last three-to-five years. In addition, all survey respondents indicated they were in some state of digital transformation. The time to act and move forward is now.
The RSM technology and digital consulting practice leverages a proven framework to help you understand and evaluate various technologies in the context of your organization. We move beyond strategy to develop a full transformation plan that aligns with your specific goals. Our approach decreases overall time-to-value to reduce the time to see tangible results from each initiative within the transformation.
How can we help you?
Our digital transformation framework includes several key elements, including:
- Customer engagement: We evaluate how you leverage technology to engage your customers and external stakeholders.
- Business operations: We determine the right technologies and systems to transform how you operate, creating higher levels of efficiency and accuracy in day-to-day activities.
- People enablement: We give your team the right digital tools, capabilities and culture to be more effective and increase value contribution on a regular basis.
- Data and integration: We help you capture and use data to create better insights, deliver more personalized experiences and improve decision-making.
- Secure and stable technology: We work with you to develop a structure with all of the people, processes and systems necessary to maintain your systems, infrastructure and security.
In addition, our process evaluates the maturity of each technology domain that is necessary to make your business strategy successful—detailing where you are and where you need to be. We identify adjustments that can transform innovation within key processes from nonexistent or basic to becoming an industry leader or true innovator, where you are on the cutting-edge of technology and recognized as a digital pioneer by peers.
Digital transformation is not just a one-time event; it’s a journey. And it’s not only about your technology investments. Instead, it’s a mindset that should extend throughout your organization. RSM’s experienced advisors can help you quickly determine the current state of your digital plan, and determine how to turn it into a strategic advantage.