© 2021 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Global Audit Services
Managing your company's regulatory compliance on a global level can be a difficult task.
RSM provides tailored global audit services to internationally active companies in accordance with a variety of auditing standards including:
- International Standards on Auditing (ISA)
- Auditing standards generally accepted in the United States (US GAAS)
- U.S. Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) auditing standards
At RSM, our initial focus is on understanding your required consolidated (group) audit requirements and then developing the group and component audit scoping with an awareness and sensitivity to your additional statutory audit requirements. RSM advisors’ capabilities are matched by our commitment to personal attention and service to our clients. Using the resources of RSM member firms, we work closely to coordinate and monitor the cost and timely delivery of your component and statutory audits around the world. Our member firms use a consistent global audit methodology and technology platform to perform their audit work, taking into account specific local requirements where necessary. Providing specialized knowledge and tools to facilitate compliance and our close collaboration helps maximize efficiencies to your internal staff and the auditors.
An audit of statutory accounts provides assurance to the users of those accounts that they have been prepared in accordance with relevant accounting and regulatory standards. RSM will talk to your management team about observations and findings during and from the audit to help the business improve its compliance and performance. Our professionals specialize in particular sectors and industries, to give a deeper understanding of the challenges that your organization may face. Prior to beginning an audit, our global audit teams will visit you to understand how your business operates, the risks it faces and how to work with you to complete an effective and high-quality audit.
Our audit methodology has been developed by our leading firms with public interest as priority. Of course we need to complete an audit in accordance with relevant international and national standards but our audit process is flexible, which enables our audit teams to modify their audit approach to better match the needs and circumstances of individual clients.
RSM is a member of the Forum of Firms, for which the membership obligations are to:
- Maintain quality control standards in accordance with the International Standard on Quality Control (ISQC 1) issued by the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB) in addition to relevant national quality control standards
- Conduct, to the extent not prohibited by national regulation, regular globally-coordinated internal quality assurance reviews
- Have policies and methodologies for the conduct of transnational audits that are based, to the extent practicable, on the International Standards on Auditing (ISAs) issued by the IAASB
- Have policies and methodologies that conform to the IESBA Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants and national codes of ethics
Globally, our audit teams are coordinated or assisted by our global engagement leaders, whose role it is to ensure the seamless delivery of high-quality audit services to our global clients.
Our services do not end with audits of financial statements. Other forms of corporate reporting and disclosure gain credibility from independent external audits. Using tried and tested methodologies, our member firms provide a range of other audit services that are suited to your particular reporting needs, including:
- Service Organization Control attestation
- Information systems and controls audits
- Forensic audit and investigation
- Engagements in accordance with:
- International Standards on Review Engagements
- International Standards on Assurance Engagements
- International Standards on Related Services
- International Standards on Review Engagements
International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) services
With the expanding global marketplace, required adherence to IFRS may come sooner rather than later and converting from one set of accounting standards to another is a vast and complex effort. This merging represents an opportunity for your business to speak the same financial language as its global counterparts. RSM IFRS professionals can help you make the transition in an effective and efficient manner.
Our IFRS services include:
- Conducting a skills and needs analysis
- Determining the impact on your management information systems
- Analyzing the overall impact on your business (such as financial statements, incentive compensation, employee benefits and loan agreements)
Global Compliance and Reporting Services (GCRS)
For organizations focused on international expansion and managing their global footprint, the GCRS practice at RSM delivers an efficient and convenient approach to manage the risks involved with global reporting, while serving as your global growth partner and helping you navigate the complex demands of worldwide compliance.