Director, Consumer Products Senior Analyst
Areas of focus: Consumer Products
In January 2018, Victor was selected as a senior analyst in RSM’s cutting edge Industry Eminence Program, which positions its senior analysts to understand, forecast and communicate economic, business and technology trends shaping the industries RSM serves. These senior analysts advise clients on conditions impacting middle market leaders. Victor’s focus is on the consumer products industry.
Summary of experience
Victor provides a unique blend of accounting, operations, and IT subject matter expertise, and leads a wide spectrum of projects including internal audit, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, Systems Organization Controls (SOC) readiness and attestation, business process improvement, and information technology assessment services. Prior to joining RSM, Victor served in senior management roles in a variety of industries, including consumer products, food and beverage, technology, banking, and financial services.
Currently, Victor’s core industry and subject matter expertise lies within Consumer Products, with an emphasis in Food & Beverage.
Victor has substantial IT risk advisory experience leading and coordinating ERP software selections and implementations, IT General Controls Review, Segregation of Duties analysis, Cybersecurity, and System and Organization Controls (SOC) readiness and attestation. His experience includes:
- Led and implemented SOX readiness and application control development to achieve 404(a) and 404(b) compliance ranging from non-accelerated to large accelerated filers.
- Advised senior management, board of directors, and audit committees in the design and implementation of financial, operational and IT internal controls across numerous system implementations and internal control frameworks such as COSO, COBIT, and ITIL, and improved overall efficiencies.
- Prepared, facilitated, and led the development of System Organization Control (SOC) reports (i.e. SOC 1, SOC 2, and SOC 3) to achieve readiness and attestation reports ranging from small start-up to large global service organizations.
- Developed best practice Segregation of Duties (SOD) framework, tools, and policy and procedures for large ERP packages to help management identify SOD conflicts and risk mitigation tactics
- Led business transformational efforts to formalize internal controls and improve process efficiencies for the largest food and beverage distributor in the West region with over $5 billion in revenue.
- Developed a comprehensive risk and compliance model for regulatory statutes, such as SOX, FDICIA, Department of Insurance, OSHA, Food and Drug Administration, and California Dairy Institute
- Revamped IT system development life cycles including program change management to incorporate formal documentation, reviews and approval
- Implemented end-user computing framework to identify, assess and monitor critical information
- Reviewed and consolidated financial statements and supporting industry metrics
Professional affiliations and credentials
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Certified in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA)
- Master of Science, accounting, University of Virginia
- Bachelor of Arts, business economics with accounting emphasis, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Bachelor of Arts, mathematics, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Certificate in Food Industry Management, University of Southern California