National Industry Tax Leader
Matt is a partner at RSM US LLP based in Boston and serves as the national industry tax leader, the consumer products industry tax leader and a member of our national tax leadership committee for RSM US’s Private Client Services group.
Matt is a CPA with over 30 years of experience assisting middle market clients with tax planning and compliance services. Matt primarily works with privately held and private equity owned middle-market businesses and their owners as well as financial fund executives in a broad range of industries with a focus on the consumer product industry’s restaurant, retail and food and beverage sectors.
In his roles, Matt coordinates and supports the firm’s commitment to serving private clients and ensuring we embed an industry approach in all of our go to market efforts. Matt works with our National Industry and National Tax Leadership Teams to ensure alignment of our strategic efforts. Matt also assists our Private Client Services Leadership team on Global and Private Equity initiatives.
Matt is a frequent private client and consumer products industry speaker and author on tax matters affecting private company owners and their businesses. Matt has spoken at industry association conferences including at the ICR Retail Investment Conference, National Restaurant Association, Franchise Times, American Apparel and Footwear Association on topics including the impact of tax reform on Retail and Restaurant businesses and owners and at PrivCap related to tax planning for private equity executives.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified Public Accountant in Massachusetts
- Chairman of the Economic Development Advisory Committee for the Town of Needham
- Member of the New England Business Center Advisory Committee
- Past participant in the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce’s Future Leaders Program
- Past president of the Needham Heights Neighborhood Association
- Past treasurer of the Needham Historical Society
- Bachelor of Science, accounting, Bentley University
- Master of Science, taxation, Bentley University