© 2018 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Looking back and moving forward
A message from RSM US LLP Managing Partner & CEO Joe Adams
A message from RSM US LLP Managing Partner & CEO Joe Adams
It’s hard to believe that it’s nearly time to turn the calendar to a new year. This was a year of progress and accomplishments – for our clients and for RSM. And I’d like to invite you to join me in reflecting on this year’s successes as we look forward to welcoming 2019 – a year that I’m sure will be another one “for the books!” Here’s a quick look back at just a few of our accomplishments from 2018:
We enhanced our ability to serve the middle market.
- We expanded our consulting services by joining forces with SecureState, a national security and privacy consulting firm and by joining forces with Explore Consulting, extending our lead as the No. 1 Oracle NetSuite provider.
- We continued to grow our presence in Canada by joining forces with three leading Alberta firms from Calgary, Red Deer and Edmonton.
- We partnered with The CEO Forum Group to launch a new radio show series, The Middle Market Transformative CEO, which promotes innovative middle market business leaders to encourage sharing of ideas for success.
- We shared insights about economic and other issues impacting the middle market through our quarterly Middle Market Business Index (MMBI), produced in partnership with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce; regular special reports; our monthly Real Economy; our annual support of and involvement in the CEO Connection Mid-Market Convention and our other thought leadership and events.
- We guided our clients through policy and regulatory changes, such as the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, ASC 606 (revenue recognition) and ASC 842 (lease accounting) to name a few.
- We announced a partnership with Plug and Play, a global innovation platform, connecting RSM with startups that are bringing innovation to the cybersecurity and financial technology spaces.
- We launched our Industry Eminence Program, a cutting-edge platform that positions 11 senior analysts in its inaugural year to understand, forecast and communicate economic, business and technology trends shaping the industries RSM serves.
- We partnered with Automation Anywhere – the leader in robotic process automation (RPA) – to deliver RPA solutions to middle market organizations in the U.S., enabling RSM to deliver customized solutions to provide clients with an end-to-end approach to adopting RPA solutions to improve process efficiency.
- We launched CLEARthru, the first enterprise resource planning (ERP)-based blockchain traceability solution that brings best-in-class supply chain integrity, safety and product source tracking information to consumers through the use of blockchain.
- We opened our new state-of-the-art Technology Experience Center in Denver, and look forward to sharing more details about that with our clients and friends in the very near future.
We supported our communities.
- We announced that Cameron Champ won $300,000 through the Birdies Fore Love charitable giving competition for recording the most birdies (or better) over the first eight events of the 2018-19 PGA TOUR season. Second and third place winners received $150,000 and $50,000 respectively, for a total of $500,000 for charity.
- We presented the Davis Love Foundation with a check for more than $2.8 million as a result of our employee-led Birdies Fore Love campaign in connection with the ninth annual RSM Classic.
- We presented a check for $150,000 to establish the Peter A.S. Pfeiffer Scholarship for Courage with Folds of Honor, a nonprofit focused on provided scholarships to children and spouses of fallen or disabled veterans.
- We announced a partnership with the U.S. office of the Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award, the world’s largest youth achievement award, which equips young people for life.
- We awarded 10 students with $10,000 each toward their 2018-19 tuition (for a total of $100,000 in scholarships) through the RSM US Foundation’s national scholarship program, Power Your Education.
- The RSM US Foundation awarded a gift of more than $157,000 to the University of Iowa to establish the school’s RSM Excellence Fund for a variety of initiatives in the accounting department at the Tippie College of Business.
- We held out ninth annual firm-wide Volunteer Day, during which approximately 2,400 RSM people and clients participated in more than 56 volunteer activities across the country to give back to their local communities.
We provided opportunities for our people.
- We hired more than 2,500 new professionals.
- We provided more than 500,000 hours of formal education to our people.
- We promoted nearly 2,300 of our employees.
- We promoted 68 of our people to partner and principal positions.
- We helped nine of our people see their dreams come true through our Pursue Your Passion program, which provides nine employees with $90,000 and nine paid days off each year to pursue a personal passion.
We were recognized.
- We were named to Bob Scott’s VAR Stars for 2017, in recognition for our accomplishments in the field of midmarket software.
- We were ranked the fifth largest accounting, tax and consulting services firm in the U.S. for the 12th consecutive year by Accounting Today.
- We were named by Oracle NetSuite as a Worldwide Solution Provider Partner of the Year for the sixth straight year.
- We were named to several “Best Places” lists including:
- IDG’s Computerworld to its 2018 Best Places to Work in IT list, for the fourth consecutive year.
- Fatherly’s 50 Best Places to Work for New Dads; RSM was just one of 50 companies included in the annual report, which highlighted the best paternity benefits offered by companies in the U.S.
- Consulting magazine’s 2018 Best Firms to Work For list for the fifth straight year.
- Working Mother’s 2018 list of 100 Best Companies, celebrating companies leading in the areas of female career advancement, paid parental leave, childcare assistance, benefits and flextime. This was the 12th year RSM has been included on the list.
- Working Mother’s list of Best Companies for Dads, which celebrated organizations leading in the areas of paternity leave, phase-back programs, telecommunicating opportunities, flexible schedules and more.
- We were ranked No. 6 among the world’s 501 most strategic and innovative managed service providers (MSPs), according to Channel Futures 11th annual MSP 501 Worldwide Company Rankings.
- We were recognized with Plug and Play’s Fintech Corporate Innovation Award for bringing innovation to the middle market.
- We teed up 2018 by welcoming Chris Kirk, winner of the 2017 RSM Classic to Team RSM.
- We extended our sponsorship of The RSM Classic on the PGA TOUR by five years through 2025.
- We congratulated Charles Howell III on winning the 2018 RSM Classic.
In the coming year, RSM looks forward to continuing our commitment to understanding the unique issues, challenges and opportunities facing the middle market and delivering the power of being understood to our clients, colleagues and communities.
Wishing you and yours a happy, healthy and prosperous 2019!