© 2018 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Microsoft Skype for Business
Skype for Business is a communication and collaboration platform that is essential in today’s connected business world. Skype for Business connects you and your teams wherever they are and on whatever device they may be using. It allows you to simplify and streamline your communications infrastructure for:
- Instant messaging and presence
- Audio and video calling
- Web conferencing with dial-in number
- Softphone and public switched telephone network (PSTN) connectivity
- Screen sharing
Every feature delivers valuable benefits
With Skype for Business online, you can take advantage of the scale and power of Microsoft’s cloud technology and a robust suite of communication tools through Office 365. You will have access to features such as:
- Instant messaging and presence. Stay connected with colleagues when you are on the go.
- Video. Connect up to six people simultaneously with clear 1080p resolution.
- Devices. Use your preferred tool—PCs, tablets, meeting room devices, smartphones and conventional phones. You can connect anywhere with Microsoft mobile apps across Windows, iOS or Android™ platforms. And you can invite people to join your meeting from disparate locations with Surface Hub and Business Room Systems.
- Sharing content. Share your desktop, applications and PowerPoint presentations, and enable collaborators to use integrated real-time co-authoring of important documents that benefit from multiparty input.
- Meetings. From small groups collaborating on a project to large virtual gatherings, Skype for Business brings everyone together easily. You can join a meeting by simply clicking your calendar, meeting reminder notification or Skype for Business client. And, with just one touch, you can control when your audience sees content, video or both.
- With Skype Meeting Broadcast. Reach up to 10,000 attendees when conducting your webcasts and all-hands meetings and presentations. You can limit attendance or make your program available to everyone online. Poll your audience with Bing Pulse and let them join the conversation with Yammer. You can also see who has joined your meeting, whether by web or phone, who’s speaking and mute anyone tuning in from a noisy environment.
- PSTN conferencing. Meeting participants can join with a dial-in number included in the invite or use a local dial-in number for cost efficiency in a distant location. You can even add people to a Skype meeting simply by typing their phone numbers; Skype for Business dials the numbers for you.
- Streaming. If you can’t join a meeting or watch a presentation, no problem. With Microsoft Azure, you can watch it later. And you can pause, rewind and fast forward with a touch.
- Cloud PBX. Employees can make and receive phone calls without traditional and costly infrastructure with Cloud PBX, which brings to Office 365 the Skype for Business voice capabilities.
- PSTN calling. Allows you to make and take phone calls using a 10-digit phone number.
How RSM can help
RSM is your partner of choice for unified communications. We’ll help you take full advantage of the powerful benefits of Skype for Business. We’ll collaborate with your team from migration and quality assurance to implementation of Microsoft-certified tools designed to maximize the value of your Skype for Business solution.
Contact us at 800.274.3978 to chat to chat with one of our Skype for Business professionals.
How can we help you?
Contact us by phone 800.274.3978 or
submit your questions, comments, or proposal requests.
Learn more about this "quick-hit" diagnostic of your critical areas of operations.