SuiteCommerce InStore – Setting up a custom discount
SuiteCommerce InStore (SCIS) allows for a true omnichannel experience with the NetSuite platform, especially when bundled with SuiteCommerce Advanced (SCA), an Ecommerce platform. Getting the hang of setting up common customer service and in-store operations scenarios may stump even an experienced NetSuite administrator, because at times it requires a modified approach to making the best of the base functionality of the platform. Setting up a custom discount that can be quickly leveraged by the sales clerk behind the counter in a brick and mortar store is one of these tasks. This installment of the Tips & Tricks will show you how to configure an easy-to-apply custom discount option in SCIS.
High Level Steps
Create a discount item called Custom Discount with rate 0 (You can find detailed instructions on SuiteAnswers Answer Id: 45373)
- Go to Lists > Accounting > Items > New (Administrator)
- Click Discount in the list of item types
- Enter information in the fields listed below:
Item Name/Number – Enter a name for the discount. The information you enter here is displayed in SCIS
Description – (Optional) Enter a description for the discount. The information in this field is not displayed in SCIS
Rate – Enter a dollar amount or percentage of the rate of discount. The information in this field is displayed in SCIS
Subsidiary – (Required if you use OneWorld) Select a subsidiary from the list
- Click Save
- Go to Customization > Lists, Records, & Fields > Record Types (Administrator).
- Scroll to SCIS Settings, and then click List in that row.
- Click Edit next to an existing SCIS Settings record to make changes.
- Click the General subtab.
- In the SCIS Location Discounts list, select the discounts that you want to make available to SCIS.
- Click Save.
Go to SCIS Settings->General Tab->Check Use Default Discount and select the Default Discount
Use the custom discount on SCIS transactions.