Microsoft announces the release of two major service packs:
Microsoft Dynamics™ GP 2013 Service Pack 2 and Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 Service Pack 4
Dynamics GP 2013 Service Pack 2, scheduled for release on Aug. 30, 2013 will include the traditional fixes for Dynamics GP 2013 only but also will begin adding small features and more table changes to their standard service packs.
Some of the enhancements they are planning to add are:
- Web Client releases for the Project Series, Manufacturing Series, and Field Service Series.
- ISV Extensibility for WC – Enables customers and ISVs that build forms and controls in Visual Studio in the web client.
- Doc Attach – additional functionality that enables attached documents on cards to roll down to transactions while also adding the ability to include attached documents in emails.
- SmartLists - enables users to hide the navigation tree providing a full screen of data.
- Functional features – including Default Sort Order AP Checks and the ability to Assign Items to All Sites and more.
- Enhancement for Business Analyzer:
- Support connections through the Azure Service bus
- Support for Management Reporter Reports
- Ability to pin reports to the Windows 8 Start Screen
- Windows 8 Phone App
- Additional features for the HRP Suite:
- Email address added to the HR applicant window
- Redesign of the check & transaction history windows, easier for sorting and looking up of data.
- 2013 I-9 changes (additional fields)
- EEO Reports have incorrect wage categories
- Local taxes may not deducted when employees choose to put net check to a 401K
- Many other quality report issues
Dynamics GP 2010 Service Pack 4 is scheduled to release on Sept. 6, 2013. This will be the last official service pack for Dynamics GP 2010. Microsoft will continue to provide tax and year end updates.
Other upcoming releases:
- BP 6.1 which will support SharePoint 2013 - expected to release late August or early Fall. BP 6.0 is not supported on SharePoint 2013
- Possible changes for the State of Michigan – still awaiting the State to publish the tax tables
- US Payroll Year End Update will release in November 2013 (pending changes)
- Canadian Payroll will release in December 2013 (pending changes)