Important payroll and tax update information 2013
Microsoft has released Round 2 of the Payroll US Tax Update. This update is available for Microsoft Dynamics GP 10, GP 2010 and GP 2013.
Note: For customers on version GP 10, this will be the last Tax Update provided.
The January 2013 Round 2 U.S. Payroll Tax Update contains tax changes for the following states:
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
The following federal changes are included in this update:
- The personal exemption amount has changed.
- Wage bracket and tax amounts have been updated
Please visit the Tax Updates page on Customersource to download the latest Tax Updates.
January Hotfix Available – Microsoft has released a Hotfix that includes some fixes for payroll – including changes to W2s and 1099 R forms, corrections for some rounding issues with the Employer FICA 6.2 rates and many other bug fixes for various modules.
Note: This hotfix is only available to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 and GP 2013 customers. Customers on version Microsoft Dynamics GP 10 who need the 941 form changes, will need to upgrade.
Target release dates for 2013:
- GP 2013 Service Pack 1 - March 29, 20113
- GP 2013 Service Pack 2 - June 29, 2013
- GP 2010 Service Pack 4 – Late Summer 2013
There will be ongoing hotfixes and tax updates throughout the year. Stay tuned for an important 941 code change which is expected to release some time prior to March 29.This update will be for GP 2010 and GP 2013 customers only. Customers who require the 941 form changes will need to upgrade.
Note: If you do not wish to install the hotfix, but would like the corrections only for the rounding issue with Employer FICA, there is a script available that will update the necessary tables. Please contact the Client Resource Center for further information and assistance with obtaining this script.
For Microsoft Dynamics SL, the January 2013 Payroll Tax Table Updates
- Federal - Effective Jan.1, 2013
- Colorado - Effective Jan. 1, 2013
- Connecticut - Effective Jan. 1, 2013
- Georgia - Effective Jan. 1, 2013
- Maryland - Effective Jan. 1, 2013
- New Mexico - Effective Jan. 1, 2013
- Oklahoma - Effective Jan. 1, 2013
- Vermont - Effective Jan. 1, 2013