Favorite Salesforce feature insights
In every release, we find features or enhancements that catch our attention and are worthy of sharing our thoughts, and what it can mean for our Salesforce clients. In this issue, we are providing insight into changes in an existing feature enhanced in Spring ’21—Process Builder— as well as the value and importance of another feature—Optimizer.
In the Spring ’21 release, Process Builder continues its evolution to Salesforce Flow (and eliminating the Lightning Flow name). In this release, Salesforce Flow now includes:
- Record-triggered flows that can now access prior values of the triggering record and can run scheduled paths after the triggering event
- Flows that test and troubleshoot more easily with debugging tool enhancements
- Usability improvements that make building and running flows easier on the eyes
- Screen elements that now allow for multicolumn support (beta)
- Rich-text emails sent from your Flow using a Send Email action
- Improved styling for Flow screen components
More details about Salesforce Flow can be found in the release notes, or contact your RSM team to discuss how to maximize Flow capabilities.
Optimizer has been one of our favorite features for Salesforce admins, and it is worthy of further mention here. Updated recently in the Winter ’21 release, its role in helping to manage growing technical debt is substantial, in addition to the benefits of keeping your organization healthy and efficient.
A recent enhancement that we recommend you take advantage of is the ability to set the Optimizer app to run automatically every month, eliminating the need for reminders and delivering timely metrics on a regular schedule. This enables you to make month-to-month comparisons. For those concerned about any performance impact, no worries, it runs asynchronously behind the scenes.