© 2019 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Design, implementation and reporting for multinational businesses
Change is a constant for multinational companies. Global expansion, mergers and acquisitions, changing tax laws and regulatory requirements, and the global effort to fight base erosion and profit shifting all place stresses on a company’s global structure. Symptoms of a less than ideal structure include an increasing effective tax rate, difficulty accessing cash, cumbersome and disjointed accounting practices, and confusion and uncertainty when making business decisions. Our international tax structuring professionals are positioned to help you. We take the time to understand your business and collaborate with you to design and implement appropriate structural changes.
Our phased approach is designed to provide you with a low-cost estimate of potential costs and benefits before you commit resources to a structuring project, and to maximize your return on investment after you’ve made an informed decision to move forward. Our process includes the following steps:
- Feasibility and modeling: Assess your unique business challenges and opportunities, generate preliminary design ideas, and model potential costs and benefits.
- Design: Develop a global structure to address your objectives.
- Implementation: Work with you and your advisors to implement the structure.
- Maintenance and reporting: Provide whatever level of support you need to maintain and report the structure. Maintenance services include ensuring that recommended policies and practices are being followed, intercompany agreements and transfer pricing are kept current, and other related tasks.
Our deep bench of resources across the globe provides you with a multitude of services under the RSM umbrella including:
- Cash mobility and repatriation planning
- Holding company structures
- Intellectual property planning
- Global supply chain management
- Entity rationalization
- Transfer pricing
Our clients include U.S. and foreign-owned multinational businesses in most industries.
RSM worked with NBK America to develop an effective framework to manage finances and operate a subsidiary for its Japanese parent company.