© 2019 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Mergers, Acquisitions & Restructurings
When you're executing and implementing a merger, acquisition, disposition or restructuring, you need sophisticated tax advice on the transaction.
Having a clear view of the target's tax position and understanding key tax issues are essential to a successful transaction. That's why solid tax advice should be a component of any transaction support you seek.
Our dedicated tax professionals can assist you with all tax-related aspects of your next acquisition or restructuring, including the following:
- Transaction structuring including:
- Depreciable and amortizable basis step-up on premium
- Rollover of target owners
- Net operating loss utilization and IRC §382
- Opportunities to alleviate double taxation
- Tax due diligence on the transaction
- Transaction cost analysis to maximize deductions
- Post-transaction planning
Most Popular Insights
The IRS recently released a PLR allowing a section 355 tax-free distribution, despite no revenue in the spun-off subsidiary’s business.