Digital Forensics and Incident Response
Digital forensics services for swift attention to security breaches, HR or civil/criminal litigation issues.
RSM digital forensics and incident response professionals work with law firms, corporate internal audit, HR and legal departments, and others to help answer the questions:
- What do we do? We’ve been hacked!
- I’m involved in litigation―what now?
- I think critical intellectual property is missing. How can I be sure?
- How do we handle a sensitive employee matter?
When a crisis hits, you need the advice and counsel of professionals on the forefront of digital forensic examination techniques―advisors with deep knowledge of the industry and the latest trends and threats.
The RSM digital forensics team goes far beyond data collection and malware analysis - investigating your enterprise environment and discovering digital artifacts on laptops, desktops, USB devices, smartphones, tablets, servers and cloud locations.
We understand how volatile digital evidence is and the special handling required to protect its integrity and usability for legal proceedings. In the process, we help you:
- Protect the evidence so it isn’t damaged, destroyed or otherwise compromised during the investigation
- Establish and maintain a continuing chain of evidentiary custody, and perform due diligence to confirm evidence and processes comply with Federal Rules of Evidence, Rule 502 and Rule 26(b)
- Acquire and examine devices known or suspected to be infected with malware, without putting other systems at risk
We focus not just on the immediate fraud or security breach but also on the steps needed to prevent a similar event in the future.
The RSM difference
With extensive experience in military, law enforcement and corporate investigations, RSM professionals are qualified to provide expert consultation and/or testimony, as needed. Many team members hold industry certifications such as:
- EnCase Certified Examiner
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler
- Certified Forensic Computer Examiner
- Certified Ethical Hacker
- Certified Information Security Systems Professional
To simplify pricing considerations, some basic services, including data collection, preliminary searching and data extraction can be performed on a fixed-fee basis. In addition, our secure, state-of-the-art computer forensics laboratory in Chicago features the latest in digital forensics, investigative software and hardware solutions.
When you suspect fraud or need digital forensic assistance, don’t wait until the trail goes cold. Call RSM. You’ll be glad you did.
How can we help you?
Contact us by phone 800.274.3978 or
submit your questions, comments, or proposal requests.
Receive Risk Bulletin by Email
Cybersecurity Rapid Assessment®
Complete our Cybersecurity Rapid Assessment form to be contacted about receiving our "quick-hit" evaluation of your organization’s overall security risk.