Clear for takeoff: How is the aviation industry responding to COVID?
The COVID-19 pandemic and resulting shelter-in-place protocols have grounded much of the aviation industry, and airports across the country have suffered significant losses. The pandemic hit at a time when airports were fast becoming destinations in their own right, complete with sophisticated dining, spas, movie theaters and other attractions designed to entertain. What now?
Recently, RSM US LLP hosted a roundtable with the CEOs of Airlines for America, Airports Council International—North America, American Association of Airport Executives and the chairman of the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority. During this roundtable, the panelists discussed the current aviation landscape, including a snapshot of industry performance and trends, travel safety and the future of travel.
- Earl Adams Jr. (moderator), Chairman, Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
- Kevin Burke, President and CEO, Airports Council International—North America
- Nick Calio, President and CEO, Airlines for America
- Todd Hauptli, President and CEO, American Association of Airport Executives
- Troy Merkel, Partner, Real Estate Senior Analyst, RSM US LLP
Please tune into our audio recording below to hear directly from the panelists.