9 key insights for hedge funds
From taxes to technology, ideas to drive hedge fund success
INSIGHT ARTICLE |
Investors now have more than $3 trillion invested in hedge funds, up from $1 trillion in 2005. This steep increase in assets under management means the hedge fund industry confronts a more scrupulous regulatory environment, heightened investor demands for transparency and tighter standards for all aspects of fund governance, like performance reporting and offshore fund structuring.
RSM’s Hedge Fund Insights report focuses on nine key issues facing hedge funds today, including:
- How to bulletproof your performance reports. In today’s regulatory environment, simple performance numbers are never enough.
- Offshore fund focus: the Caymans get up to speed. Changes in local law mean greater consistency for U.S. investors.
- Keeping on top of technological change. Adopting a practice of pragmatic innovation can help you stay up to date.
- How to build a cybersecurity threat model. By performing a fund level threat assessment, hedge funds can get closer to knowing the enemy behind a potential breach.
- The great times are over, the good times may yet return. Several factors make running a hedge fund a more uncertain enterprise than in the past.
- The five new rules of hedge fund investment relations (IR). What IR professionals should be aware of in three key areas, and allocators, not risk managers, are now the stars.
- Tax issues you need to know now. Changes to tax and compliance rules can lead to trouble if you are not prepared.
- Driving hedge fund success. Smart investing is only one piece of the puzzle.
- Why every partnership agreement needs to be rewritten. Changes to U.S. tax law likely mean more audits of alternative asset class partnership.
Download Hedge Fund Insights today.
There is a growing demand for transparency that is having a fundamental impact on the client-service role for hedge fund managers.