RSM Provides $90K to Help 9 Employees Live Their Dreams
Pursue Your Passion program supports personal and professional goals
RSM US LLP (“RSM”) – the nation’s leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market – recently awarded nine employees from across the country with $90,000 ($10,000 each) and nine paid-time-off (PTO) days to fufill their dreams through the firm’s Pursue Your Passion program.
In recognition of the firm’s 90th anniversary in 2016, RSM launched its Pursue Your Passion program to encourage its people to celebrate the milestone by applying for a chance to pursue their passions, with monetary support and time off from the firm. Resulting from the success of the program over the first three years, RSM continued the contest and a team of employees and partners in the firm recently selected this year’s group of winners.
“Our Pursue Your Passion program provides opportunities for our employees to fulfill their personal and professional aspirations,” said Doug Opheim, chief financial officer and chairman of the RSM US Foundation. “We’re humbled to see the projects that this year’s winners have selected and the stewardship that our colleagues continue to exemplify. We’re excited to hear our winners’ stories as they complete their projects throughout the year.”
RSM’s 2019 Pursue Your Passion winners and the passions they’ll be fulfilling are:
- Barbara Adler (tax manager; Dallas, TX) – Make improvements to her impoverished small town’s food pantry and enhance the area’s farmers market.
- Nick Crombie (senior associate; Raleigh, NC) – Expand his knowledge around augmented reality and create apps that teach kids about self-confidence, teamwork and caring for others.
- Lucrecia Gray (manager; San Antonio, TX) – Create and donate quilts to Quilts of Valor and offer sewing classes to keep quilting relevant with a new generation.
- Alissa Hatch (manager; San Antonio, TX) – Take training courses to further develop leadership skills and create stronger bonds among members of her Cub Scout pack.
- Kelly A. Hughes (finance manger; Davenport, IA) – Keep a promise to her son to attend his football games, even when he travels with his college team to play in Ireland.
- Celeste McGahan (project management senior associate; Boston, MA) – Take yoga teacher training and then volunteer to provide classes to help herself and others afflicted with scoliosis.
- Brittney Posdal (associate; Schaumburg, IL) – Establish a fund to help her nephew who was born without a left forearm and pay prosthetics bills for other children.
- Mary Theo (Alliance talent leader; Boston, MA) – Publish and distribute a children’s book featuring her grandson and his favorite stuffed animal that will provide joy to sick children.
- Eileen Turkot (international manager; Chicago, IL) – Transform a spare room at her family’s home into a welcoming bedroom for foster children.
About RSM US LLP
RSM’s purpose is to deliver the power of being understood to our clients, colleagues and communities through world-class audit, tax and consulting services focused on middle market businesses. The clients we serve are the engine of global commerce and economic growth, and we are focused on developing leading professionals and services to meet their evolving needs in today’s ever-changing business environment.
RSM US LLP is the U.S. member of RSM International, a global network of independent audit, tax and consulting firms with 48,000 people across 120 countries. For more information, visit rsmus.com, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and/or connect with us on LinkedIn.