Awards and Recognitions Archives
- McGladrey was recognized by Working Mother magazine as a Working Mother of the Year for 2014, putting McGladrey in the Top 100 list for the eighth consecutive year. McGladrey also received the publication’s Candidate Experience award.
- McGladrey was ranked “highly recommended” for excellence in fund services during the 2014 U.S. Hedge Fund Services awards ceremony.
- McGladrey Joined the 2014 Microsoft Dynamics Inner Circle, President’s Club.
- McGladrey Moved up to No. 2 on Accounting Today’s 2014 VAR 100.
- McGladrey was named NetSuite’s Worldwide Partner of the Year – the first organization ever to achieve this prestigious recognition for two consecutive years.
- McGladrey was named No. 1 on Bob Scott’s Insights Top 100 VARS (Value-Added Resellers).
- McGladrey was named as a finalist in the American Business Awards’ 12th Annual Competition.
- McGladrey was named as one of the Best Companies in Massachusetts for Working Moms.
- Accounting Today ranked McGladrey the fifth on its annual list of Top 100 firms for the eighth consecutive year in 2014.
- McGladrey was selected as a member of the Bob Scott's VAR Stars, a group of 100 organizations honored for their accomplishments in the field of middle-market financial software.
- McGladrey was chosen winner of the 2014 Corporate International Magazine Global Award: Construction Sector Advisory Firm of the Year in the USA.
- Interactive Media Council recognized McGladrey.com as Best in Class Professional Services Website for excellence in website design.
- McGladrey Wealth Management LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor owned by McGladrey LLP, was as the nation's 28th largest Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) firm in Financial Advisor magazine's 2013 ranking of Top Registered Investment Advisory Firms. The publication's rankings included more than 500 RIAs from across the country.
- Working Mother magazine named McGladrey one of the 2013 Working Mother 100 Best Companies for its commitment to progressive workplace programs, including flexibility, advancement and paid family leave.
- McGladrey ranked 87 on the 2013 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces List by the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption.
- McGladrey was ranked No. 4 on Accounting Today's annual listing of the Top 100 Value-Added Resellers (VARs).
- McGladrey was recognized as Microsoft's U.S. Central Region Small and Medium Size Business & Distribution (SMB&D) Sales and Marketing Excellence Partner of the Year award winner and the U.S. Central Region SMB&D Partner of the Year award winner.
- McGladrey Wealth Management LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor owned by McGladrey LLP, was ranked by Accounting Today as No. 4 on its seventh annual list of Top Billion Dollar Club Firms by Assets Under Management (AUM).
- McGladrey was recognized for helping customers achieve their business vision when the firm was named both Worldwide Partner of the Year and America's Solution Provider of the Year by NetSuite Inc.
- McGladrey Wealth Management LLC was ranked on Forbes' annual Top 50 Wealth Managers list, joining an elite group of firms that are "growing like crazy," according to the publication, thanks to "a stream of new clients and advisors and a hot market recovery."
- McGladrey LLP was ranked No. 7 on Vault's annual Accounting 50 list (the first year that McGladrey participated in the survey).
- McGladrey was ranked as the fifth-largest accounting, tax and business consulting firm in the United States for the seventh consecutive year by Accounting Today.
- McGladrey was selected as a winner of Progressive Media Group's Bob Scott's Insights' 2012 VAR Stars Award. One hundred resellers are honored each year for their accomplishments in the field of middle-market financial software.
- McGladrey was awarded the 2013 Candidate Experience Award by the Talent Board.org, a 501(c)3 organization focused on facilitating the evolution of the employment candidate experience.
- McGladrey was recognized by Accounting Today as a Technology Pacesetter
- McGladrey joined the 2012 Microsoft Dynamics Inner Circle, President’s Club
- McGladrey was named as Working Mother Best Company for Leadership in Creating a Family-Friendly Policy and Culture
- Accounting Today ranked McGladrey Wealth Management No. 3 on its List of Firms by Assets Under Management
- The Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption named McGladrey one of America’s Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces
- Accounting Today ranked McGladrey No. 5 on its Top 100 Firms list.
- Bob Scott Insights named McGladrey a 2011 VAR Stars Winner.
- McGladrey was named to the elite 2011 Microsoft Dynamics® Inner Circle.
- McGladrey was named a 2011 Working Mother 100 Best Company for the fifth year.
- McGladrey was recognized as a Top 100 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces by the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption.
- McGladrey was honored with the Alfred P. Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility.
- McGladrey received the American Women's Society of Certified Public Accountants' (AWSPCA's) "Leadership – Lead by Example Award" for championing women's issues in the workplace.
- McGladrey was named Accounting Today ranked RSM McGladrey, together with McGladrey & Pullen LLP, as the fifth largest accounting, tax and business consulting firm in the U.S. in its 23rd annual list of the Top 100 Accounting & Tax firms, for the fifth consecutive year.
- McGladrey was named the "2011 Accounting/Due Diligence Firm of the Year" at the inaugural Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) New York Champion's Awards gala. RSM McGladrey was also recognized in the "Middle-Market Deal of the Year: Between $25 million and $100 million" and "Consumer and Retail Products Deal of the Year award categories.
- McGladrey was named Accounting & Transaction Advisor of the Year at America M&A Atlas Awards Gala
- McGladrey was named to Flex-Friendly's list of Certified Flex-Friendly companies for the second year in a row.
- McGladrey was named to the 2011 Microsoft Dynamics® Inner Circle
- Fifty-three McGladrey offices were honored with the 2010 Alfred P. Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility; an additional four offices received honorable mentions.
- McGladrey was named a member of the 2010 VAR Stars by Bob Scott's Insights, a publication of the Progressive Media Group that covers the mid-market financial software community.
- McGladrey was selected by the Working Mother 100 Best Companies initiative as one of the nation's top 100 companies for family-friendly benefits, while the firms' WorkLife flexibility options were also selected as "Best in Class." This is the fourth time the firms' were named on the list, and the second time their WorkLife options received Best in Class designation.
- The Dave Thomas Foundation recognized McGlarey on its annual "America's 100 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplace" list. The list spotlights the top 100 companies from across the antion that offer employees outstanding adoption benefits and services.
- McGladrey was named by M&A Advisor as the 2010 Accounting/Due Diligence Firm of the Year.
- Accounting Today ranked McGladrey the fifth largest accounting tax and business consulting firm in the United States for the fourth consecutive year.
- McGladrey was named to Flex –Friendly's inaugural list of Certified Flex-Friendly companies – one of only 24 companies across the nation to be included on the list.
- McGladrey attained ASPPA (American Society for Pension Professionals & Actuaries) certification for its Third Party Administration (TPA) services for employer-sponsored retirement plans.
- Microsoft named McGladrey a "Microsoft FY10 Inner Circle Partner," placing McGladrey among the top one percent of all global Microsoft Dynamics value-added reselling partners, for providing outstanding business solutions.
- McGladrey received Microsoft Dynamics President's Club status for sales performance.
- McGladrey was awarded two of four iMIS Technology and Innovation of the year Awards by Advanced Solutions International (ASI) - one recognizing the best use of technology and one recognizing the best overall innovation.
- McGladrey was recognized by Level Platforms as the 2010 Rookie of the Year for its rapid adoption, deployment and success in managed services.
- RSM International rose to sixth place in global industry rankings by International Accounting Bulletin.
- McGladrey was ranked among North America's Top 500 Technology Integrators.
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek ranked McGladrey among its third annual "Best Places to Intern."
- Thirty-three McGladrey locations were honored with the Alfred P. Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workforce Flexibility, as part of the When Work Works project, an ongoing initiative of the Families and Work Institute, the Institute for a Competitive Workforce (an affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce) and the Twiga Foundation. The firm was also honored with the Working Family Support Award for its monthly WorkLife seminars.
- The McGladrey Technology Business Solutions Practice was selected as a member of the 2009 VAR Stars, a group of 100 organizations honored for accomplishments in the mid-market financial software sector, by Bob Scott's Insights.
- Working Mother magazine ranked McGladrey one of its "100 Best Companies," and recognized the firm's flexibility options for employees as "Best in Class."
- BusinessWeek magazine ranked McGladrey among its "Best Places to Launch a Career" (for the second consecutive year).
- Accounting Today, ranked McGladrey third in its annual listing of the Top 100 Value Added Resellers (VARs) in the United States.
- Accounting Today ranked McGladrey as the fifth largest accounting, tax and business consulting firm in the U.S. in its 22nd annual list of the Top 100 Accounting & Tax firms, for the third consecutive year.
- Boardroom Magazine awarded its Excellence in Achievement Award to McGladrey in the category of Tax Consultant of the Year.
- Everything Channel named McGladrey's IT consulting practice one of North America's top technology integrators in its annual VAR500 ranking.
- The Alliance for Work-Life Progress (AWLP), an organization committed to defining and recognizing WorkLife advancements and best practices, chose McGladrey as the recipient of its distinguished Work-Life Innovative Excellence Award for our Coach-on-Call program.
- The Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption recognized McGladrey on the Foundation's annual America's 100 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplace list. The list spotlights the top 100 companies from across the nation that offer employees outstanding adoption benefits and services.
- Accounting Today ranked McGladrey as one of their Top 15 "Best Accounting Firms to Work For."
- BusinessWeekmagazine ranked McGladrey among its "Best Places to Launch a Career."
- The Conference Board awarded McGladrey its "Moving Into the Future Award" for our innovative Coach-on-Call WorkLife solution. The annual award features companies that creatively address workplace issues that yield positive impact.
- Accounting Today ranked McGladrey the fifth largest accounting, tax and business consulting firm in the U.S., for the second consecutive year.
- McGladrey received Inside Public Accounting's 2008 Reader's Choice Award in the publication's 2008 "Best of the Best" special edition.
Regional/Local/Employee Awards/Recognitions include:
- McGladrey was named as one of the Best Companies in Massachusetts for Working Moms.
- McGladrey was named one of Orlando Business Journal’s Best Places to Work for 2014.
- McGladrey was named one of the Minnesota Star Tribune’s “Top Workplaces 2014,” for the second year in a row.
- McGladrey was selected as a winner of 2014 Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® for 2014, for the ninth consecutive year.
- McGladrey was named one of Boston Business Journal’s Best Places to Work, and was ranked No. 7 on Boston Business Journal Management Consulting List, and we expect to hear soon about the IT Consulting list so we will keep you posted.
- McGladrey’s Brian Becker was named Consulting magazine’s Top 25 Consultants for 2014.
- Three of McGladrey’s office managing partners in South Florida – Michael Balter, Frank Campiana and Bob Feldman – were recognized as Power Leaders in Accounting by the South Florida Business Journal.
- Consulting magazine named McGladrey's Ross Krusell as one of the publication's "Rising Stars of the Profession."
- Brandon Maves, audit partner in Minneapolis and McGladrey’s national construction practice leader, was named one of Minnesota Business magazine’s The (Real) Power 50 for 2014.
- The Boston Business Journal named McGladrey the fifth largest accounting firm in Massachusetts.
- The Downtown Partnership of Baltimore Appointed McGladrey’s Jason Sevier to its board
- The National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) announced the 2013 NACD Directorship 100, a list of the most influential leaders in the boardroom and corporate governance community. Included among the esteemed honorees were McGladrey CEO Joe Adams and McGladrey National SEC Practice Leader Phyllis Deiso. Both Adams and Deiso were also recognized in 2012.
- Accounting Today recognized McGladrey LLP Managing Partner and CEO Joe Adams as one of its "Top 100 Most Influential People in Accounting."
- McGladrey Washington National Tax Partner Nick Gruidl was selected by M&A Advisor as a 40 UNDER 40 award recipient. Now in their fourth year, the awards celebrate emerging leaders in M&A and financing, as well as turnaround professionals who have reached significant levels of success while still under the age of 40.
- McGladrey was honored as part of the "Business Partner Dream Team for health care organizations at the 2013 Leaders in Health Care Awards by Minnesota Business magazine.
- McGladrey's Jamie Woell received the Minnesota Society of CPA's 2013 Public Service Award for his significant contributions of time, talent and treasure to CommonBond, the Midwest's largest nonprofit provider of affordable housing.
- The McGladrey health care industry team received a 2013 Leaders in Health Care Award from Minnesota Business Magazine.
- For the sixth consecutive year, McGladrey's Cedar Rapids and Iowa City offices were recognized in the Corridor Business Journal publication: "Best of the Corridor," as the "Best Accounting Firm for an Existing Business."
- McGladrey's Iowa offices ranked No. 10 out of 100 on Iowa's Top Workplaces 2013 survey in the large employer category.
- McGladrey's Des Moines office won the highly coveted 2013 Best of Des Moines reader's poll – best accounting firm and best consulting firm.
- McGladrey's Davenport office was voted the #1 most loved accounting firm in the Quad Cities by "Locals Love Us, a nationwide company that surveys communities asking them to name the businesses they love.
- Allison Egbert from the firm's Boston office was named one of Boston Business Journal's 40 under 40, and Rich Caturano also from the Boston office was named Leader in Diversity.
- McGladrey's Dana Williams, transaction advisory services partner, was named to Los Angeles Business Journal's 2013 Most Influential M&A Advisors, a list that recognizes 40 of the region's top M&A advisors who "serve as the backbone of the biggest, most challenging and most important transactions over the previous 18 months.
- Christa Clark in McGladrey's Stamford, CT office was selected for a "40 Under 40 Award by the Fairfield County Business Journal.
- The AICPA selected McGladrey’s Natalie Tucker as Vice-Chair of its Technical Resource Panel
- McGldarey’s Joe Adams and Phyllie Deiso were named to the NACD Directorship 100
- McGladrey’s Richard Caturano was elected Chairman of the AICPA
- Accounting Today recognized McGladrey’s Richard Caturano on its Top 100 Most Influential list
- McGladrey's Davenport, Iowa office received the Patriot Award for support of the National Guard Reserve members.
- Entreprenuers for North Texas recognized McGladrey with its North Star Award for a powerful commitment to making a meaning contribution to neighborhoods and for being a good corporate citizen.
- M&A Advisor named McGladrey's Michael Grossman, Joe Kinslow and Jared Ruger as “40 Under 40” Award Recipients.
- Chief Risk Officer Bruce Jorth was appointed to PCAOB's Standing Advisory Group, and to the AICPA's Professional Ethics Committee.
- Richard Caturano (Boston) began a one-year term as AICPA vice chairman of the board.
- ACIPA honored McGladrey's Jim Sansone with its inaugural Sustained Contribution Award.
- The AICPA appointed McGladrey's Bob Adams (Washington, DC) to the IRS Practice & Procedures Committee.
- Tracey Walker Sullivan was named a Future Leader Award recipient by Consulting magazine.
- McGladrey's Baltimore, MD office was named a recipient of the 2011 Mayor's Business Recognition Award for demonstrating outstanding community service and for other contributions made through the firm's Community Service Initiative.
- Bill Kracunas, technology practice leader for McGladrey's East Region, was by Consulting magazine as a "Top 25 Consultant in the U.S."
- Partners Marty Brunk, Dominic DuBois and Brian Meritt (Baltimore Metropolitan area), and Michael Monaghan (Washington, DC) were named to SmartCEO magazine's list of SmartCPAs. Award recipients embody leadership, accomplishment, innovation and success, according to the pubication's editors.
- Ricki Lasky, sports marketing senior director, was one of 25 female executives to be recognized by the Charlotte Business Journal during it's 15th annual Women in Business Achievement Awards luncheon.
- The McGladrey Kansas City office was named one of the "Best Companies to Work For" by Ingram's magazine for 2011. Award criteria focused on companies whose management practices, educational and advancement opportunities, benefits and spirit of teamwork set them apart.
- Peter Joworski received Boston magazine's 2011 FIVE STAR Wealth Manager Award.
- Julee Fox, a partner with McGladrey & Pullen, was named to Ingrams magazine's "40 Under 40" Class of 2011. Peter Jaworski, wealth management partner, was selected as a FIVE STAR Wealth Manager for 2011 by Boston magazine.
- Mike Balter, office managing partner – Ft. Lauderdale, was named one of the Top 100 Power Leaders by the South Florida Business Journal.
- Mike Balter, office managing partner – Ft. Lauderdale, and Phyllis Deiso, national SEC practice leader, were both recognized by South Florida Business leader magazine as Top IMPACT Accounting Leaders
- Frank Compiani, office managing partner – West Palm Beach, was a recipient of the Sun Sentinel's Excalibur Award.
- Christy Oldani, marketing director – Western Region, was named to the St. Louis "40 Under 40" list.
- Carl Dolson, managing director, Tax Services in Central Illinois received the Louis V. Hencken Alumni Service Award from Eastern Illinois University in Charlestown, IL.
- Gregg Stein, wealth manager in the Blue Bell, PA office, was named by Philadelphia Magazine as a "Philadelphia 2010 Five Star Wealth Manager.
- Partner/Managing Director Marty Brunk was named an influential Marylander by The Daily Record.
- Partner/Managing Director Beth Soukup was named one of 25 "Women Who Mean Business" by Kansas City Business Journal.
- Wealth Management Advisor Gregg Stein in Bluebell, PA was named the Philadelphia Five Star Wealth Manager by Philadelphia Magazine, making him a two-time winner of the award.
- Customer service representatives Pat Smith and Robert Edwards were each recognized by Microsoft as "Top Customer Service Managers" for top ten existing customer sales revenue among Microsoft Partners for the second quarter of 2010.
- McGladrey was recognized by the Orange County (CA) Business Journal as a "Best Place to Work in Orange County, and by the Orange County Register as one of the "Top Workplaces Among Small-sized Companies."
- Frank Compiani, office managing partner – West Palm Beach, was named Community Leader of the Year by the Northern Palm Beach County Chamber of Commerce.
- CollegeGrad.com named McGladrey as a Top 15 Intern Employer.
- NC Magazine ranked McGladrey #2 on their 2009 Top 10 Employers list.
- The Iowa Society of Certified Public Accountants (ISCPA) appointed McGladrey Tax Director Virginia Striegel as chair of the Exempt Organizations Committee of the ISCPA for 2009-2010.
- McGladrey was selected as a winner of the Alfred P. Sloan Awards for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility in the greater Dallas area.
- The Des Moines Business Record named McGladrey as the "Best Business Consulting Firm" and McGladrey & Pullen as the "Best Accounting Firm for 2008."
- The Charlotte Business Journal named McGladrey as a "Best Place to Work" in the mid-sized business category.
- McGladrey's Rochester, Minn. office was awarded the prestigious Alfred P. Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility.
- Frank Compiani in the firm's West Palm Beach office received the South Florida Business Journal's Ultimate CEO Award.
- Crain's Chicago Business named McGladrey the fifth largest accounting firm in Chicago.