Understanding the complex world of global indirect taxes
RECORDED WEBCAST |
As a multinational business, managing a varied value added tax (VAT) and goods and services tax (GST) landscape can be complex. Understanding the specific compliance requirements and reporting obligations can take more time than tax and finance professionals have.
Join RSM US LLP global indirect tax professionals as they provide a solid foundation to understanding the VAT/GST landscape and the impact it can have on a U.S. business with international operations. After watching this 90-minute introductory and learning session, attendees will be able to:
- Explain the basic mechanics of a value added tax system
- Detail where VAT may be chargeable
- Describe the situations in which VAT can be recovered
- Explain how VAT applies to cross-border supplies of goods and services
- Describe the basics of preparing VAT returns
RSM’s Steve Butler and Simon Kelly share their collective global knowledge and experiences with VAT, including the basic mechanics of VAT systems and how these tend to compare with U.S. sales taxes.