Tax policy update: Is the end in sight?
RECORDED WEBCAST |
With one month left in the year, and limited legislative days remaining, will Congress finally come to an agreement on proposed tax changes?
Fresh off the momentum following the passage of the Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal, Congress is now focused on passing the budget reconciliation bill (Build Back Better). While House and Senate lawmakers deliberate over both the spending and revenue-raising components of the measure, other considerations including longer-term budgetary impacts, compliance with reconciliation procedures in the Senate and the need to prioritize floor time with other, non-tax competing legislative priorities will certainly be front and center.
Join RSM’s tax policy and Washington National Tax teams for an update on the latest tax policy developments that may affect middle market companies and higher income individuals as well as some planning ideas to consider before year end.
During this session our presenters will discuss:
- A recap of where things currently stand on Capitol Hill with respect to tax legislation
- An overview of House-approved proposals
- Insights on possible effective dates
- Potential obstacles and challenges to passage in the Senate
- Path forward – our expectations for year end