Lease accounting update
IN-PERSON EVENT |
Join RSM as we guide you through understanding the fundamentals of lessee accounting under the Financial Accounting Standards Board’s ASC 842, Leases. This new guidance will significantly change how most lessees account for and disclose their leases in the financial statements. RSM understands the need to keep on top of changes that will affect your business, and we look forward to helping you respond to and prepare for these changes.
During this session, we will cover:
- Identification of lease arrangements using the new definition of a lease
- Lease classification
- Important concepts and definitions (e.g., lease term, lease payments)
- Lessee recognition of right-of-use assets and lease liabilities
- Effective dates and transition alternatives
- Best practices for implementation
- System selection guidance
We look forward to seeing you May 7 as we explore the ASC 842 standard and implementation considerations for your business.