RSM Los Angeles lease accounting update
IN-PERSON EVENT |
Join RSM as we guide you through the fundamentals of lessee accounting under ASC 842, Leases, from the Financial Accounting Standards Board. This new guidance will significantly change how most lessees account for and disclose their leases in financial statements. RSM understands the need to keep on top of changes that will affect your business, and we look forward to helping you respond to and prepare for these changes.
During this session, you can expect to learn:
- Identification of lease arrangements using the new definition of a lease
- Lease classification
- Important concepts and definitions (e.g., lease term, lease payments)
- Lessee recognition of right-of-use assets and lease liabilities
- Effective dates and transition alternatives
- Best practices for implementation
- System selection guidance
We look forward to seeing you Jan. 17 as we cover ASC 842 and implementation considerations for your business.