West Market Leader
Areas of focus: Tax
Sam Mascareno is the West market leader for RSM US LLP (RSM). He joined the firm in 2001, and has extensive experience in serving clients for tax services, including tax compliance, consulting and structuring.
Sam has served as office managing partner and tax leader for the RSM office in San Diego, as well as the tax practice leader and federal credits and incentives group leader for the West region. He currently serves on the national tax leadership team.
Sam is a Certified Public Accountant and has more than 22 years of experience serving clients with a focus on domestic and international tax issues impacting middle market companies, including life sciences, technology, manufacturing, wholesale/distribution and cross-border/international companies.
Professional affiliations and credentials
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Frequent speaker for various professional organizations on various tax issues impacting businesses
- Master’s degree in taxation, San Diego State University (graduated with honors)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, San Diego State University (graduated with honors)