Chief Risk Officer
Areas of focus: Risk Management and Quality Control, Auditing
Chief Risk Officer Bruce Jorth leads the National Office of Risk Management at RSM US LLP (RSM) and sets risk policy for the firm. Before he became Chief Risk Officer, Jorth led the firm's Florida audit practice.
Jorth has been very active in the firm's internal inspection program for more than 25 years. He joined the firm in 1981 and was named partner in 1994. He led the firm's Quality Control Delivery Structure Task Force and the Implementation Task Force for the firm's Risk Assessment Model.
A former member of the firm's Board of Directors, Jorth currently chairs the board’s Quality Control Inquiry Committee and is a member of the Risk Oversight Committee.
Prior to taking management roles, Jorth served clients in the outdoor advertising, broadcasting and tribal governments industries.
In his community, Jorth is past chairman of the Enterprise Development Corporation, Boca Raton, Fla., and also served as treasurer of the South Florida Science Museum for several years.
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, AICPA Professional Ethics Executive Committee
- Member, PCAOB Standing Advisory Group
- Member, Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Former member, Special Review Committee of the Government Finance Officers Program for excellence in financial reporting
- Former member, Accounting Principles and Auditing Standards Committee of the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, University of Northern Iowa, 1981
- University of Chicago Graduate School of Business, RSM’s Business Advisor Program