Retail Technology Series
Many retailers are rethinking their customer loyalty programs, beyond the traditional discounting offers, and transforming them to platforms that provide well-rounded customer experiences. Loyal consumers are now being courted with unique in-store experiences and events, limited-edition products, exclusive product information, customer community group interactions and more. Successful retailers are looking for ways to wow and delight their customers beyond giving them the usual loyalty discount. The interaction is so much more and technology is bridging that effort.
Our industry insiders, Ben Tickner, principal, and Brion Reusche, director, at RSM US LLP, and Cathy Hotka, principal, at Cathy Hotka & Associates, LLC, share insights related to loyalty programs and the opportunities they can bring to retailers in this brief video.
In addition, check out these related resources:
- Retailers must be mindful of gift card tax pitfalls
- From plastic to personal: What’s next for loyalty programs?
- Discounting: Consumer demand vs. accounting complexity
- Investing in online retail improves the overall sales experience
- Optimizing product sales through database and e-commerce integration