Project and Program Management
Project and program management success depends on effective leadership.
Regardless of the importance to the enterprise or the size of the investment, many complex projects never achieve their intended objectives or measures of success. Potential project pitfalls are numerous, but the key ingredient for success is an effective project manager.
In today's lean environment, many organizations simply don't have the skilled resources to take on an additional large, complex project. Frequently, businesses come to RSM when their project is in trouble, and they need additional help to turn it around. Others seek assistance with change management to make sure their employees are engaged, trained and ready to be project champions, engaging the organization in new ways of doing business.
Avoid well-known project management issues
You can avoid well-known project management issues by engaging RSM project and program management professionals from the start. Common project management issues include:
- Lack of leadership visibility into project status, issues and risks
- Lack of communication
- Lack of coordination – between individuals, between departments and with vendors
- Inability to work effectively with and between business and information technology functions
- Poorly defined project results and benefits
- Project resources lack the needed skill sets
- Scope creep
- Missed timelines
- Budget overruns
Simply stated, RSM knows what it takes to bring your project to the finish line on time and within budget.
RSM offers assistance through the following:
- Project and program managers for one or many projects
- Specialized professional IT, business, operations and finance resources
- Global project management office and Global Tracker tool
Project or program managers coupled with RSM's deep bench of specialized resources
Not every project is the same, and successful project completion hinges on the involvement of the right people. With RSM, your project is in the hands of experienced project management professionals, many who are certified project management professionals who understand change management, organizational effects of change, business process improvement, technology implementations and more.
Many projects require the specialized skills that RSM brings to clients every day, including:
- Project administration
- Change management
- Business case analytics
- Cost analytics
- Database and business intelligence analysis
- Scorecard and project tracking
- IT skill sets, including strategy, systems implementation, infrastructure and outsourcing
- Business process improvement
You can have complete confidence that RSM's deep bench of risk advisory, financial advisory and technology and management consultants can supply the specialized resources you need. Our knowledge and experience includes work in many industries and the ability to understand your organization's overall vision, mission, goals and culture.
Get your project to the finish line on time and within budget. Call the project management professionals at RSM.
How can we help you?
Contact us by phone 800.274.3978 or
submit your questions, comments, or proposal requests.
Learn more about this "quick-hit" diagnostic of your critical areas of operations.