Performance Management and Analytics
A more efficient approach to your data and reporting demands
All organizations are on a constant mission to develop more effective budgeting, planning, forecasting and reporting capabilities. Many companies have begun implementing stronger processes and making better business decisions by analyzing the tremendous amounts of data that exist within their systems. Tapping into that data can create a competitive advantage for middle market companies, but many have not traditionally had access to the necessary skills and technology.
However, that landscape is changing, as middle market companies can implement strategies for more valuable insights into their businesses and key technology becomes more affordable. In addition, finance is taking command of data analysis initiatives previously owned by information technology (IT), driving the shape of analytics and greater connection with business goals.
At RSM, our experienced advisors understand your business, challenges and current and future business goals. Our team implements comprehensive performance management and analytics solutions through process changes, organizational structures and technology utilization. We help you gain greater visibility into methodologies, metrics, processes and systems that can ultimately drive greater success.
Effective solutions to enhance your performance
To meet your unique demands and provide visibility into your business drivers, we bring fresh perspectives and extensive industry experience in several key areas, including:
Successful financial planning encompasses budgeting, planning and forecasting, but there are many different areas to start. Our team can:
- Develop business process improvements to link corporate strategy to operational strategy
- Analyze budget processes to determine whether annual, quarterly or rolling forecasts fit your needs
- Leverage corporate performance management (CPM) solutions to automate manual processes and increase efficiency
Financial and management reporting
The reporting capabilities for many companies are generally basic, without customizable analytical reporting options. Instead of manually manipulating, organizing and validating data and spending additional cycle time, the RSM team helps your organization:
- Automate reporting processes, leveraging CPM platforms to satisfy reporting demands
- Streamline multidentity consolidation and currency conversion for multiple divisions and global operations
- Implement tools to consolidate financial reporting and reduce risks of manually extracting data
Costing and profitability analytics
In many cases, organizations face specific problems that prevent accurate costing of products or limit potential profitability. RSM advisors can develop solutions that:
- Create cash flow models to understand complex contract terms and how finances move throughout the business
- Design a framework to determine how to cost out products, considering each relevant process from raw materials to finished goods
- Assess data to understand how to increase profitability, potentially by removing unprofitable customers or enhancing processes
Leveraging effective technology solutions
Implementing technology solutions can automate key processes, reducing risk and providing more visibility into critical performance and financial metrics. The RSM management consulting team is a prominent implementation partner for several industry-leading CPM applications, including:
- Adaptive Insights
- BI 360
- Host Analytics
Depending on your unique needs, we can implement any of these solutions to increase your efficiency and provide a foundation for more effective decision-making.
Ready to get started? Contact us today.
Call us at 800.274.3978 to schedule a no-obligation call to discuss your performance management and analytics needs or submit an online form:
Companies dedicate significant resources to collecting data, and 3 business analytics strategies can help increase the value of that data.
Benchmarking provides an opportunity to evaluate and implement functional improvements, operational efficiencies and cost reduction strategies when many businesses are facing tighter budgets and declining revenues.
CONTACT OUR TEAM
Performance Management and Analytics Lead
How can we help you?
Contact us by phone 800.274.3978 or
submit your questions, comments, or proposal requests.
Learn more about this "quick-hit" diagnostic of your critical areas of operations.