What’s new for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015
MICROSOFT DYNAMICS COMMUNITY NEWS |
On Dec. 2, Microsoft released Dynamics GP 2015. As promised, they've continued to invest in great product innovations. Over the next few months, RSM will be conducting feature webinars focused on a particular feature new to Dynamics GP 2015. These features include:
- Expanded workflows for financial, purchasing, sales, payroll and project expense related approvals. These workflows have been built into the product and don’t rely on additional software or servers.
- Single sign on through integration with Microsoft Azure Active Directory to help users work seamlessly across Microsoft Dynamics GP, Office 365 and other cloud-based applications.
- Service-based architecture for customers and partners to create and modify the core functionality of Dynamics GP. This new architecture allows GP to expose and consume services. This feature supports existing and future interactions around cloud-based transactions.
- Microsoft recently released Business Analyzer R7, a "companion" tablet application available from the Windows, iOS and Android app stores.
- New features within the application: Payables warning when there is an open PO, payment terms enhancement and fixed asset year- end close report to name a few.
Microsoft is adopting a six-month release cycle for Microsoft Dynamics GP, with Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 R2 and R3 releases planned for calendar year 2015. Microsoft Dynamics GP2015 R2 will release around the May 2015 time frame and R3 will release near the end of the year. In addition, Microsoft has introduced a lower-cost self-service user license type for users who need only very light functionality within Dynamics GP. This new user type called the Self-Service cal is a named user rather than a current user.