Microsoft Dynamics® AX seafood solutions
With a proven and long-standing track record of success in the food and beverage (F&B) industry as a whole—and seafood processors specifically—RSM consultants are uniquely qualified to deliver the Dynamics AX-based solutions that enable these operations to drive growth and profitability while minimizing cost and risk. Combining unmatched industry knowledge and the highest levels of partnership with Microsoft, RSM consultants belong to the largest, most comprehensive Dynamics AX practice in the country, leaving them perfectly positioned to bring seafood processors the robust power and capability of the Dynamics AX accelerator for fish accounting—RSM’s flexible, scalable sea-to-fork enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution suite—built on the Microsoft Dynamics AX platform.
RSM consultants—masters of seafood industry complexity
RSM consultants bring this dynamic and stringently regulated industry their undisputed Dynamics AX experience and insights, coupled with an unparalleled depth of knowledge gained from years of working directly with seafood processors—they’ve seen and done it all—from conquering the industry’s extraordinary traceability and compliance requirements, to automating and streamlining the range of operational, political, logistic and even environmental complexities related to the production and processing of highly perishable products that must only be sourced in certain ways, in certain volumes, from certain locations, at certain times, from certain companies. And those complexities barely scratch the surface. Not for the faint of heart, this unrelenting industry demands superior technology solutions delivered by seasoned veterans able to navigate its uncertain and shifting terrain. With unrivaled technical qualifications and industry capabilities, RSM’s consultants are an ideal choice to deliver the Dynamics AX accelerator for fish accounting—their industry-leading ERP solution suite—to seafood processors, enabling them to achieve the visibility and operational effectiveness they need to grow, scale and profitably sustain their complex operations well into the future.
RSM understands seafood industry pain points, business drivers
Understanding that there is no substitute for deep knowledge of an industry’s challenges, complexities and requirements when choosing a consulting partner, RSM’s consultants leverage both their proven experience working with seafood processors and their considerable technical skills in Dynamics AX in every seafood industry engagement. Whether addressing complexities around trade promotions, traceability, recalls, inventory control or even simply the far-reaching requirements around achieving true enterprise-wide visibility, RSM’s team of experienced consultants bring seafood processors the strength and functionality of their Dynamics AX-based fish accounting accelerator solution to help them address some of their most critical business drivers and operational concerns, including those to:
- Manage complex sea-to-fork plant operations across countries and currencies on a single, fully integrated platform, ensuring data updates and changes made anywhere in the enterprise are immediately reflected throughout the system
- Spur revenue growth by introducing SKUs for new product variants—or products certified in high-demand categories (e.g., fresh-caught or sustainably farmed seafood from a particular geography)—all with premium pricing commensurate with the intensity of demand from specialty markets and increasingly educated consumers
- Enable quick and appropriate responses to changing food trends, commodity costs and other dynamic industry factors with a solution that adapts to industry-specific processes and includes predefined templates to ensure clients are up and running quickly, without unnecessary complications or delays
Uniquely positioned to help seafood processors grow and scale their businesses, simplify and speed processes, and make smarter, faster, better-informed business decisions, RSM consultants specialize in addressing just these types of industry challenges, delivering measurable improvements and efficiencies to critical business operations.
RSM consultants deliver Dynamics AX solutions built around seafood industry requirements
Built on the Dynamics AX platform and designed to give seafood processors the flexibility, visibility and scalability they need to drive revenue and support sustainable growth, RSM’s Dynamics AX accelerator for fish accounting solution is a true sea-to-fork ERP suite designed specifically to address the unique and complex requirements of the industry, while also helping to ensure compliance with robust regulatory requirements—including functionality such as:
- Advanced (sea-to-fork) traceability: Streamlining food safety and similar compliance efforts while enabling rapid responses to critical scenarios, seafood processors enjoy complete visibility—forward and backward—into raw materials, intermediates and finished products through all stages of the supply chain using automated, electronic processes to record critical tracking events (CTE), core business processes and key data elements that include product receipt, ingredients, processing, packaging, storage, transfer and shipping. Processors can also use batch attributes to trace inventory back to a specific country of origin, fishing area, shipping vessel or arrival port, and fulfill requirements for customers looking for a specific product quality grade or characteristic, such as a product sourced from a particular location—all of which allows premium pricing to be applied to high-demand products.
- Catch weight processing: Enabling accurate tracking of inventory quantities and costs for variable units of measure, processors are able to employ catch weight processing to accurately manage product types for which the actual weight of individual items within the product category varies—typically applied to seafood products packaged and sold in a unit of measure such as a case, but priced based on weight of the shipped product.
- Direct store delivery: Delivering perfect orders every time and simplifying the end-to-end route accounting process, users tasked with on-time delivery of consumable and highly perishable products for distribution improve efficiency, delivery productivity, and margin with a delivery route accounting and management tool that supports static and ad hoc routes, load sequencing, delivery calendars, route optimization, vendor-managed inventory and delivery via distribution centers.
- Inventory control and management: Enabling the accurate, real-time inventory transfer and management capabilities needed to comply with customer contracts and cost-effectively fill orders, seafood processors are able to manage product expiration dates, decrease on-hand inventory and packaging, ensure fresher inventory for customers, minimize loss and waste, and achieve the highest yields from raw materials and production capabilities. They can also charge premium prices for new and high-demand products—all with an accurate, easy-to-use tool that optimizes processes, simplifies reporting, and manages inventory and order data in real time.
- Mobile traceability: Extending product source and safety information all the way to the customer’s fingertips via mobile devices, consumer users can easily trace items they intend to purchase via tablets or smartphones—at the point of purchase or from the convenience of their home—providing both peace of mind for consumers and the ability for seafood production operations to provide those same consumers with value-added information such as recall notices, nutritional information and recipes while also strengthening consumer connectivity, feedback and brand reputation.
- Multiple-output bills of material: Supporting operations that produce multiple byproducts of processing to maximize utilization of seafood materials and minimize waste, seafood processors are able to accurately capture data for and report on multiple outputs on production orders.
- Production scheduling: Optimizing seasonal, variable raw materials to maximize yields and reducing the error, inefficiency, and workload associated with manual production scheduling, seafood processors are able to improve the quality of production schedules to ensure they are able to quickly and seamlessly respond to schedule changes throughout the day, get the highest yields from raw materials and production capabilities, and schedule production in the most efficient, economical way possible, minimizing downtime—all within the production constraints specified for each piece of equipment. To the same end, seafood processors are also able to easily manage high-volume, last-minute orders and “make to order” processing with real-time visibility into production, allocations and logistics—critical for the value-added operations used by many of today’s seafood processors.
- Quality control and flexible quality test frameworks: Supporting critical initiatives around ensuring the quality of highly perishable seafood, processors gain flexible control of date-sensitive inventory with a quality control solution that supports sample testing and is tightly integrated with inventory functionality—one able to enact automatic quality assurance (QA) holds if tested specifications are not met, generate Pending Lot Expiration reports, and provide the stock control so critical for companies dealing with perishable goods. The solution also supports user-defined quality tests that are readily available in the system to provide real-time visibility into product quality as it moves through the warehouse.
- Recall reporting: Building on the strength of its advanced traceability functionality, processors are able to use the system to generate automated product recall reports that provide accurate accounts of inventory received, sold, produced and on hand, saving both time and money, and ensuring that excessive amounts of product are not unnecessarily disposed of in the event of a recall scenario.
- Trade promotions management: Improving the accuracy, effectiveness and profitability of complex rebate and promotional programs—including components such as bill-backs, off-invoice allowances, broker commissions and deductions management—seafood processors are able to eliminate the overspending and write-offs typically associated with manual reconciliation using a closed-loop, fully integrated solution that brings them the ability to track, control and analyze promotions, and to integrate pricing, order processing and financials throughout the enterprise.
- User-definable attributes: Architected with a user-definable attribute structure that can be set up and configured individually without the need for coding changes, users are able to define their own sets of attributes, enabling them to create product descriptions and parameters, and to determine which attributes will be traced through the supply chain, to include both standard seafood attributes, such as country of origin, and specialty attributes, such as head-on versus head-off and fresh versus frozen.
- Warehouse operations, shelf life and mobility: Enabling the accurate inventory management needed to comply with customer contracts (particularly shelf-life timeline commitments), processors are able to achieve the highest yields from raw materials and production capabilities available to them and charge premium prices for the freshest or most highly demanded products using an accurate, easy-to-use tool to manage inventory and order data in real time with user-friendly warehouse interfaces and wireless connectivity between hand-held devices and business management solutions.
These industry-specific functionality requirements are the very complexities a true industry-specific solution like Microsoft Dynamics AX is built for, from the ground up. Adding seafood industry accelerators from RSM to enhance out-of-the-box functionality from day one simplifies how businesses meet many standard industry-specific challenges.
Microsoft has recognized RSM with a gold Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) competency in the Microsoft Partner Network as well as a Global Independent Software Vendor (GISV) status. RSM has also been awarded some of Microsoft’s most prestigious awards in vertical-specific areas.
- Inner Circle for Microsoft Dynamics
- Certified for Microsoft Dynamics AX (CfMD)
- Global Development Localization Partner Advisory Board
- RFID Partner Advisory Council
- Dynamics AX X++ Development I
- Dynamics AX X++ Development II
- Dynamics AX Enterprise Portal Development I
- Dynamics AX Advanced Administration
- Reporting and Business Analysis for Dynamics AX
Ready to Get Started? Contact Our Team.
Call us at 800.274.3978 or send us a message: