Microsoft Dynamics® AX grocery solutions
Building on an extensive track record of success in the food and beverage (F&B) industry and its key component industry segments, RSM offers grocery manufacturers a powerful combination of extreme depth of industry knowledge coupled with unsurpassed technical experience in Dynamics AX.
With the most comprehensive Dynamics AX practice in the United States and referenceable grocery clients who operate in hundreds of locations, RSM boasts of consultants who are uniquely qualified to help clients drive visibility, analytics capability, growth and profitability, all while minimizing cost and risk. With the strength and functionality of RSM’s Dynamics AX-based end-to-end enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution suite for grocery manufacturers—they can do exactly that.
Vertical specialization and focus drive RSM’s success in the grocery industry
Underscoring their depth of industry knowledge and extensive capabilities, RSM consultants deliver solutions that directly address the primary drivers for growth in grocery manufacturing communicated by the industry’s leading trade association, the Grocery Manufacturers’ Association: improvements in business intelligence capabilities and in supply chain and logistics operations. A proven end-to-end ERP solution for this industry, RSM’s Dynamics AX-based solution increases operational visibility and advances the enterprise-wide analytical maturity needed to leverage big data to make better, faster and smarter business decisions in response to the rapid-fire pace of technology and other industry changes.
With industry-specific functionality that streamlines every aspect of regulatory compliance, supply chain operations and logistics for grocery manufacturers, they enjoy tighter enterprise-wide integration, increased efficiencies, lower costs and higher margins—all in a solution built on Microsoft Dynamics AX—a flexible, proven platform known not just for the visibility it provides, but also for its ability to scale to meet unique and varied industry-specific requirements.
RSM understands grocery industry business drivers
Bringing with them a wealth of industry experience gained from years of work with grocery clients of all sizes, RSM consultants blend their knowledge of grocery manufacturing with the highest level Microsoft Dynamics AX certifications to deliver the benefits of RSM’s accelerator for grocery manufacturing—the company’s powerful, proven ERP solution, built on the Dynamics AX platform—designed specifically to help grocery manufacturers achieve many of this dynamic industry’s most common business and operational goals, including requirements to:
- Use powerful business intelligence and analytics capabilities to capitalize on the potential big data offers to enable more agile operations and faster, improved business decision-making, using data to hone competitive advantage in a dynamic industry witnessing unprecedented innovation, change and disruption.
- Streamline and connect cross-enterprise operations such as purchasing, production, sales, cost management and accounting in a single, fully integrated platform that reduces the error, inefficiencies and time delays that typically result when paper-based or spreadsheet processes are used to track critical areas such as inventory, orders and costs. Free from the inefficiencies that characterize these types of disconnected legacy processes and systems, grocery industry clients are able to scale and act quickly to meet regulatory requirements, consumer demands and corporate goals for profit and growth.
- Gain real-time visibility not just into traditional areas such as inventory control, but also into business-critical operating metrics like productivity, margin and profitability—all with the clear view into end-to-end grocery manufacturing operations provided by RSM. Using powerful, proven business intelligence and analytics capabilities, grocery clients are then able to leverage the powerful data gleaned from greater enterprise-wide integration and visibility to transform big data into actionable business insights.
- Increase top-line revenue using advanced business reporting metrics that identifies top performers, and enjoys inventory visibility that captures the value that demanding customers have for products they purchase. At the same time, reduce costs and target new tastes for higher margins and profitability through these same reporting metrics, process and system automation, operational improvements and effective management of areas such as forecasting, inventory control and accounting.
Uniquely positioned to help grocery industry clients grow and scale their businesses, simplify and speed processes, and make smarter, faster, better-informed decisions, RSM consultants specialize in addressing just these types of industry challenges, delivering measurable improvements and efficiencies to critical business operations.
RSM delivers top-tier Dynamics AX solutions, designed with grocery manufacturers in mind
Built on the Dynamics AX platform and designed to give grocery manufacturers the flexibility, visibility and scalability they need to drive revenue and support sustainable growth, RSM’s accelerator for grocery manufacturing is a true single-platform, end-to-end ERP solution that addresses the industry’s complex operational requirements—including those around quality and regulatory management—through functionality such as:
- Advanced lot trace: Streamlining food safety and similar compliance efforts while enabling rapid responses to critical scenarios, grocery manufacturers enjoy complete visibility—forward and backward—into raw materials, intermediates and finished products through all stages of the supply chain, using automated, electronic processes to manage critical control points (CCP) in their supply chain, develop food safety and recall plans and manage traceability. RSM’s easy-to use Lot Trace Wizard provides a user-friendly way to execute traces through a series of intuitive questions that allow users to pinpoint bad lots—this Produce Traceability Initiative (PTI)-compliant solution accommodates Global Trade Identification Number (GTIN), Global Data Synchronization Network (GDSN) field names, County of Origin, Unit of Measure Codes, bar code formatting, and packaging type codes.
- Cost control and performance: Integrating processes across departments and streamlining cross-enterprise operations such as purchasing, production, sales, cost management and accounting, users are equipped with comprehensive functionality around all areas of cost control, leveraging the tools and visibility they need to manage performance of all key grocery manufacturing operations. Easy-to-use features allow for straightforward calculations around margin-critical areas—including promotions, rebates, pricing and accounting—on all commodities at key points in the supply chain. (See also “Trade promotions management” below.)
- Direct store delivery and perfect order fulfillment: Delivering perfect orders every time and simplifying the end-to-end route accounting process, users tasked with on-time delivery of consumable and perishable products for distribution improve efficiency, delivery productivity and margin with this delivery route accounting and management tool that supports static and ad hoc routes, load sequencing, delivery calendars, route optimization, vendor-managed inventory and delivery via distribution centers.
- Mobile traceability: Extending product source and safety information all the way to the customer’s fingertips via mobile devices, consumers are enabled to easily trace items they intend to purchase via tablets or smartphones—either at the point of purchase or from the convenience of their home—providing both peace of mind for consumers and the ability for growers, producers, shippers, and manufacturers to provide those same consumers with value-added information such as recall notices, nutritional information and recipes, while also strengthening consumer connectivity and feedback and brand reputation.
- Product quality control: Supporting critical initiatives around ensuring the quality of often highly perishable products such as produce, users gain flexible control of date-sensitive inventory with a quality control solution that supports sample testing and is tightly integrated with inventory functionality—a solution able to enact automatic quality assurance (QA) holds if tested specifications are not met, generate Pending Lot Expiration reports, and provide the first expired, first out (FEFO) stock controls so critical for companies dealing in perishable goods.
- Production scheduling: Optimizing seasonal and variable raw materials to maximize yields while also reducing the error, inefficiency and workload associated with manual production scheduling, grocery manufacturers are able to improve the quality and efficiency of production schedules to ensure they are able to quickly and seamlessly respond to schedule changes throughout the day, get the highest yields from available raw materials and production capabilities and schedule production in the most efficient, economical way possible, minimizing downtime—all within the production constraints specified for each piece of equipment. Also enabling grocery manufacturers to easily manage high-volume, last-minute orders and “make to order” processing with real-time visibility into production, allocations and logistics, this solution is a critical component of the value-added processing operations used by many of today’s grocery manufacturers.
- Trade promotions management: Providing complete visibility into and control over business operations—from analysis, funding and planning, to implementation and claim processing—users are able to eliminate the overspending and write-offs typically associated with manual reconciliation of trade promotions by using this closed-loop, fully integrated solution that delivers the ability to track, control and analyze trade promotions, and to integrate pricing, order processing and financials throughout the enterprise.
- Inventory and warehouse management: Enabling the accurate, real-time inventory and warehouse management capabilities needed to comply with customer contracts, grocery clients are able to decrease on-hand inventory and packaging, ensure fresher inventory for customers, minimize loss and waste, and achieve the highest yields from raw materials and production capabilities—also charging premium prices for new and high-demand products—all with an accurate, easy-to-use tool that optimizes processes, simplifies reporting, and manages inventory and order data in real time.
Such complex capabilities and requirements are precisely what a true industry-specific solution like Microsoft Dynamics AX is designed and built for. Adding applicable process manufacturing industry accelerators from RSM to enhance out-of-the-box functionality from day one also speeds and simplifies the ways in which RSM’s grocery clients are able to successfully meet many of these industry-specific challenges.
Microsoft has recognized RSM with a gold Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) competency in the Microsoft Partner Network as well as a Global Independent Software Vendor (GISV) status. RSM has also been awarded some of Microsoft’s most prestigious awards in vertical-specific areas.
- Inner Circle for Microsoft Dynamics
- Certified for Microsoft Dynamics AX (CfMD)
- Global Development Localization Partner Advisory Board
- RFID Partner Advisory Council
- Dynamics AX X++ Development I
- Dynamics AX X++ Development II
- Dynamics AX Enterprise Portal Development I
- Dynamics AX Advanced Administration
- Reporting and Business Analysis for Dynamics AX
Ready to Get Started? Contact Our Team.
Call us at 800.274.3978 or send us a message: