RSM provides industry specific answers with flexibility to grow
Contemporary Staffing Soltuions
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) is a staffing business with temporary, direct and contract hires focusing on four areas of service: technical services, professional search, financial and administrative. With 48 full-time employees, 1480 active paid hires, and seven offices throughout New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Delaware, they credit their technology solution as one of their main differentiators among the competition.
CSS wanted a back-office solution that was flexible and could grow with their business. Scalability was a big factor in the decision; CSS had seen many software conversions and wanted a solution that could handle a capacity double or triple their current size. Equally important, the solution should create a centralized system for their operations and efficiently automate their payroll input process, paying of hires and billing of clients.
RSM implemented Microsoft Dynamics® GP Financials, Payroll and HR to support the operations, with a staffing-specific application called Personnel Agency Management (PAM) to track their placements. This fully integrated solution combines Web-based time entry with calculation, general ledger updates and invoice processing.
- $350,000 annual savings since converting to Microsoft Dynamics GP in 2004
- 45% reduction in accounting workforce
- Streamlined environment to simplify pay/bill processing
- Strong financial reporting by office and division
- Reduction in ongoing maintenance cost with support for growth
- Consistent platform among products
- Ease of use allows them to cater to their clients’ invoicing needs – what they need, how they need it
They said it
“I converted from Lawson to Microsoft Dynamics® GP. Dynamics GP required less resources and had an affordable price tag. With Lawson, we were spending a lot of money on software upgrades, installation and consulting when Dynamics GP offered more flexibility with the same features and functions, and can scale with our business as we grow to our projected two year growth of $70M. With Dynamics GP as our financial solution, it’s much easier to stay current with the latest technology and be consistent among platforms.”
- Sharon Tsao, Contemporary Staffing Solutions