Tax Function Outsourcing and Co-sourcing
Optimize your tax function with the right balance of resources
There are more than a few routes to creating a highly effective tax function. Yet, having the right resources and skills in place is critical to any approach. At RSM, we can provide the balance of resources to help your tax function become more efficient and effective.
Outsourcing or co-sourcing can be helpful for companies facing these, and other, business challenges:
- Transitional periods, including pre- or post-acquisition team changes
- Unexpected turnover at staff, manager or director levels
- New tax function demands created by business spin-offs
- Business growth leading to an expanding number of tax jurisdictions and an increased set of filing obligations
- Workforce reductions or company consolidations
- Tax system integration demands created by corporate acquisitions
- Mismatch of tax skills and requirements related to business priorities
- Special projects requiring higher-level experience
Strategic resource management
From filling skill gaps to comprehensive outsourcing of the entire tax function, we look at the required tax technical skills, available tax technology, and existing or proposed internal resources to create a plan that will help you achieve your goals. While all situations require custom approaches, they typically fit into three resource management categories.
Corporate loan staff — highly qualified professionals available to close a temporary resource or experience gap who operate under your team's day-to-day supervision.
Integrated tax co-sourcing — specialized resources (tax strategy, tax technical, tax compliance) that work with you to develop a shared set of responsibilities between internal personnel and our experienced professionals. This model builds on the strengths of your team, working within your existing environment without adding to your employee count.
Comprehensive tax outsourcing — a complete, customized and U.S.-based tax function, designed and delivered by our team, from people to platform.
Redesigning your tax department? Assess your current state first. These three questions will help direct you to optimal tax resource management.
Hiring and retaining skilled talent is an increasing challenge. Learn how outsourcing can be a key strategy to address staffing concerns.