SALT Due Diligence
Protect the profitability of mergers and acquisitions
The state and local tax liability of a target company can significantly affect the overall profitability of an merger or acquisition. Before making a permanent commitment to acquire a business, you should conduct proper due diligence related to state tax exposure.
Through a detailed, flexible and scalable due diligence process, our SALT professionals can:
- Analyze historical returns, financial statements and other documents
- Identify tax risks and opportunities
- Review and analyze transactions
- Conduct interviews to gain a deep understanding of tax position
- Identify future tax issues
- Provide a practical interpretation of issues and opportunities
- Deliver a written analysis, including recommendations
- Assist in developing an efficient tax structure for the transaction
Learn how RSM conducts SALT due diligence to protect the profitability of planned merger or acquisition activity.