White Collar Crime
INSIGHT ARTICLE |
Purchase the book
Published by the AICPA with contributions from RSM’s litigation, valuation and forensic accounting professionals.
In a perfect world, a fraud investigation follows a methodical process. The book, White Collar Crime, equips you to deal with a fraud investigation in the real world. It follows a flexible approach and relies on the authors’ valuable fraud investigation and FBI forensics experience in dealing with the prosecution of white-collar criminals.
Presented in a user-friendly manner, covering core concepts and decisions that determine the outcome of a fraud investigation, this book provides you with the knowledge you need before the investigation begins, and it shows you how to conduct solid interviews that can withstand legal challenge. In addition, it covers:
- An overview of the “perfect” fraud investigation
- Practical differences between a “perfect” investigation and real investigation
- Gathering useful information quickly
- Quickly assessing the pertinent facts – fraud triage
- Interviewing witnesses
- Understanding prosecution/defense tactics
- Identifying fraudster assets
- Anti-fraud tactics
- Fraud prevention and detection measures
Contributors to this book include a number of RSM’s litigation, valuation and forensic accounting professionals whose credentials include Certified Fraud Examiner, Accredited Valuation Analyst, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified in Financial Forensics and Certified Public Accountant.