Forensic accounting and fraud investigations
INSIGHT ARTICLE |
Today’s business leaders face an increasingly challenging and evolving landscape. New technologies, expanding supply chains and rising regulatory demands all enhance the complexities of operating a growing, dynamic business. At the same time, fraud schemes have become more complex and sophisticated and are harder to detect and prevent. Left unaddressed, fraud can seriously damage your hard-earned relationships, reputation and business.
It starts with understanding. Whether you are looking to solve a complex financial accounting problem or guide your company through an international fraud investigation, RSM US LLP has the right team, experience and tools to provide the insights you need. Our forensic accounting professionals bring deep, proven expertise, with the latest and most effective approaches to investigate, identify and quantify financial improprieties to help you protect your company’s finances and reputation.
We know where to look and what to look for to answer even the most challenging financial and accounting questions.
The right team
You need the right team with the right skill set to drive results from start to finish. Our forensic accounting team offers a dedicated group of skilled professionals, including certified public accountants, certified fraud examiners, professionals certified in financial forensics and master analysts in financial forensics. We staff every engagement with a high ratio of partner and other senior-level resources to ensure effective and timely results. Whether we are working for management, in-house counsel or outside attorneys, we take a collaborative approach with full transparency, regular communication and no surprises. This leads to more valued and enduring relationships.
We help clients across a wide range of industries and markets, both domestic and international. Our ability to collaborate with colleagues throughout the RSM International network allows us to rapidly deploy teams across the world to respond to client demands. RSM professionals have vast experience leading global investigations and providing litigation support services for international disputes. We are dedicated to assembling project teams with the right blend of knowledge of applicable U.S. standards and local business practices.
The services you need
Our forensic accounting services range from planning and performing evidence-gathering and investigative procedures to providing expert testimony on a broad range of topics. We use proven, disciplined methodologies that are essential to driving a successful, cost-effective project. We assist companies and their legal counsel in investigating and analyzing complex financial issues, interviewing key individuals and preparing clear and concise reports to communicate our findings.
Our forensic accounting services include:
- Investigating allegations of financial fraud, including asset misappropriation and employee embezzlement schemes, bribery and corruption and financial statement misrepresentation
- Conducting corporate investigations resulting from the identification of accounting abnormalities, indicators of white-collar crime and other challenging financial situations
- Responding to regulatory driven inquiries and investigations, including inquiries from the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Department of Justice and other federal, state and local agencies
- Leading cross-border investigations related to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering matters and commercial disputes among foreign companies
- Delivering in-depth, big data analytics services on voluminous financial information to identify errors, control breakdowns and red flags of fraud using RSM’s proprietary analytics data analysis platform and technology
- Providing digital forensics and security and privacy services, including assistance with data breaches and the collection and preservation of digital information
- Developing anti-fraud programs built around RSM’s proprietary, comprehensive and customizable risk assessment and fraud monitoring package that identifies practical and effective methods to reduce financial irregularities and establish a stronger antifraud culture
- Preparing written reports and oral presentations that effectively and transparently identify the unique circumstances of the situation, as well as the findings and observations uncovered by our forensic procedures and analyses
- Issuing expert reports and providing expert testimony in matters that evolve from financial investigations into high-stakes litigation
From investigating and identifying fraud to helping you prepare your case for court, we have the resources, experience and services you need.