Forensic Accounting and Fraud Investigations
The team you need to get to the truth quickly.
In an increasingly complex business landscape, complicated questions can arise. There is, however, a big difference between suspicion and facts. Finding the truth quickly is imperative. Gathering evidence that withstands scrutiny is essential.
When issues arise, you need forensic accountants who can unravel the puzzle efficiently and document the evidence appropriately, so you can move forward with the necessary information.
RSM's forensic accounting and investigative professionals have the skills and experience to resolve high-stakes issues from the board room to the courtroom. Our team provides analytical and investigative services to major law firms, insurance companies, financial institutions, governmental entities, private equity firms, venture capital funds and corporate counsel and executive management. Team members include expert testifiers, witness interviewers, data mining and computer forensic specialists, fraud examiners qualified as international investigators, CPAs and others you may need to document the facts of your situation.
Our team's experience covers a full range of areas, including:
Corporate investigation services
- Asset tracing, misappropriation, waste and embezzlement
- Fidelity claims
- Financial fraud, including misrepresentation and financial statement fraud
- Regulatory-related investigations
- Financial institution and health care fraud
- Foreign Corrupt Practices and UK Bribery Acts
- USA PATRIOT Act
- DOJ, SEC and State Attorneys General inquiries and investigations
- Whistleblower investigations
- White collar defense
- Bankruptcy fraud
- Fraudulent conveyance actions
- Preferential payments
Litigation support, including expert testimony
- Billing, earn-out, working capital and post-acquisition purchase price disputes
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Director and officer liability
- Business interruption/insurance coverage disputes
- Securities and shareholder litigation
- Background investigations/due diligence
- Data mining and computer forensics
- Management fees and related-party transactions
Most Popular Insights
Fraud can seriously damage your business. RSM knows where to look and what to look for to answer financial and accounting questions.
Boris Steffen outlines the considerations involved in identifying “normally” recurring earnings and in valuing an ownership interest.
What specialty lenders are saying about internal and external fraud—and four ways you can improve deterrence and detection.
Learn how to better understand and control risks associated with target companies or potential partners through integrity due diligence.
Risk & Compliance magazine Q&A, featuring RSM professionals, highlights the benefits of using data analytics to combat fraud.
How can we help you?
To discuss how our team can help your business, contact us by phone 800.274.3978 or
Litigation Review newsletter
Stay up to date on the latest litigation trends with this quarterly communication