Forensic Accounting and Fraud Investigations
The team you need to get to the truth quickly.
In an increasingly complex business landscape, complicated questions can arise. There is, however, a big difference between suspicion and facts. Finding the truth quickly is imperative. Gathering evidence that withstands scrutiny is essential.
When issues arise, you need forensic accountants who can unravel the puzzle efficiently and document the evidence appropriately, so you can move forward with the necessary information.
RSM's forensic accounting and investigative professionals have the skills and experience to resolve high-stakes issues from the board room to the courtroom. Our team provides analytical and investigative services to major law firms, insurance companies, financial institutions, governmental entities, private equity firms, venture capital funds and corporate counsel and executive management. Team members include expert testifiers, witness interviewers, data mining and computer forensic specialists, fraud examiners qualified as international investigators, CPAs and others you may need to document the facts of your situation.
Our team's experience covers a full range of areas, including:
Corporate investigation services
- Asset tracing, misappropriation, waste and embezzlement
- Fidelity claims
- Financial fraud, including misrepresentation and financial statement fraud
- Regulatory-related investigations
- Financial institution and health care fraud
- Foreign Corrupt Practices and UK Bribery Acts
- USA PATRIOT Act
- DOJ, SEC and State Attorneys General inquiries and investigations
- Whistleblower investigations
- White collar defense
- Bankruptcy fraud
- Fraudulent conveyance actions
- Preferential payments
Litigation support, including expert testimony
- Billing, earn-out, working capital and post-acquisition purchase price disputes
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Director and officer liability
- Business interruption/insurance coverage disputes
- Securities and shareholder litigation
- Background investigations/due diligence
- Data mining and computer forensics
- Management fees and related-party transactions
Most Popular Insights
Learn how to better understand and control risks associated with target companies or potential partners through integrity due diligence.
What are the international business and transactional risks companies must assess prior to executing an international acquisition?
When overseeing third parties, details matter. RSM provides tips on how to manage third-party risks and best practices to follow.
A real estate venture was profitable for years. But when one partner looked closely, the project seemed less successful than it appeared.
This recent interview with Risk & Compliance magazine discusses the unique bribery and corruption risks life sciences organizations face.
How can we help you?
To discuss how our team can help your business, contact us by phone 800.274.3978 or
Litigation Review newsletter
Stay up to date on the latest litigation trends with this quarterly communication