Enterprise Valuations for Health Care
Meeting the complex valuation demands of the health care industry
These are tumultuous times for health care organizations. Always heavily regulated, the new changes stemming from the Affordable Care Act (including the future of the Act itself) are still being digested while newer initiatives, such as MACRA, are adding further uncertainty to the industry. Health care providers are re-evaluating their strategic relationships, which is driving new practice models and a variety of transactions. Many physicians are moving away from traditional physician-owned practices toward full-employment practice models.
RSM has extensive experience in the health care industry to help you address the valuation challenges these changes are driving, including:
- Helping sellers realize maximum value while minimizing taxes
- Intangible assets, including the human capital value of the physicians, trade name and intellectual property
- Fixed assets, including diagnostic and surgical equipment
- Real estate
- Helping buyers assess the strategic and financial impact of affiliations, acquisitions, and joint ventures
- Reimbursement and cost report impact
- Financial reporting impact
- System integration readiness
- Performing feasibility and benchmarking studies
- Assessing the fair market value of physician compensation
- Assisting in compliance with Stark Law and anti-kickback regulations
RSM’s deep, proven experience helping health care entities address their full range of accounting, tax and consulting needs means that our professionals are not addressing your valuation needs in a vacuum. We bring the broad business perspective to help ensure our valuation solutions are fully informed by the wide and constantly evolving regulatory, industry and economic forces shaping health care today. In a rapidly evolving industry, we deliver the effective valuations you need to make timely, informed decisions.