Executive summary: The new era of private equity operations
INSIGHT ARTICLE |
This briefing recaps the three-part video series, Deploying private equity talent. Key takeaways include:
- Operating platforms differ from firm to firm, and differentiation is critical to winning deals.
- The days of pure financial engineering to generate returns are over, firms now need specialized skills.
- Operating partners are increasingly involved in deals from the outset.
- The operational approach should be suited to the portfolio company.
- Management teams must take ownership of the firm’s plan if the plan is to succeed.