Private Equity Portfolio Services
RSM's private equity portfolio services combine the strengths of our experienced assurance, tax and consulting professionals to efficiently deliver results for real business impact. Our team works closely with the leaders of private equity firms and their companies to provide portfolio services that lead to solutions that satisfy management and general partners alike.
Our private equity portfolio company services include:
- Annual audit
- Global audit management
- Complete audit of “closing balance sheet” prior to acquisition
- Complete audit of “opening balance sheet” and audit procedures for the next year-end audit
- Accounting assistance
- Acquisition accounting
- Lease accounting
- Variable Interest Entities (VIE)
- Share-based compensation arrangements (ASC 718)
- Working capital services
- Covenant negative assurance reviews
- Inventory observations
- See our assurance services page for more information.
- International, federal and state and local tax consulting and compliance
- Tax minimization strategies
- Add-on acquisition structure planning
- Post-transaction tax integration
- Sell-side tax due diligence services to identify tax exposure prior to a divestiture
- Tax planning and analysis of the divestiture of a portfolio company
- See our tax services page for more information.
- Portfolio valuation
- Performance improvement
- Business integration
- Technology strategy
- Cloud computing
- Security and privacy
- ERP and CRM
- Business intelligence
- Technology outsourcing
- Business process outsourcing
- Foreign exchange transaction
- See our technology, financial advisory and risk advisory services pages for more information.
Most Popular Insights
Unlocking the full value of an acquisition requires a detailed appraisal of all aspects of a business to prevent inherent buyer blind spots.
Misconceptions about the federal research and development tax credit leave many companies paying more tax than required.
Learn how enterprise resource planning can consolidate and automate your portfolio financial systems and drive value.
A roundup of thought leadership about private equity portfolio operations.
Untapped opportunities for maximizing portfolio performance
This three-part video series provides a glimpse inside private equity operations and helpful strategies to improve your operational functionality.
Private equity firms acquiring a new business could be held responsible for existing ineffective security strategies and resulting breaches.
The vast array of state and local incentives available to attract and retain businesses is an important tool in a portfolio company’s growth strategy.
This white paper discusses successful merger integration strategies, especially when dealing with the middle market.
To ensure that carve-outs deliver shareholder value, private equity firms need to break free of transition services agreements as quickly as possible.
Contact our professionals
Contact us by phone 800.274.3978 or
submit your questions, comments or proposal requests.
Private Equity Subscriptions
Subscribe to Quarterly Industry Spotlights