Health care industry issues and insights webcast series: Part 3 recap
Pre- and post-system integration issues
INSIGHT ARTICLE |
Improving patient services while reducing costs is a tall order for today’s health care organizations. To be successful, it takes a commitment to continuous improvement and the right technology solutions to meet your organization’s needs.
In our Part 3 webcast, Pre- and post-system integration issues, our presenters discussed key considerations related to electronic health record and supporting systems. In addition, the webcast highlighted an in-depth case study featuring Saint Luke’s Health System and their recent system assessment work with RSM, including report optimization as well as revenue integrity and general ledger reconciliation process improvements.
Important takeaways from the overall presentation as it relates to integrated technology system assessment and implementation include:
- Define guiding principles for any new implementation
- Make sure pre-implementation planning and post-implementation review, imperative to a successful installation, are part of the project plan
- Establish operational and financial key performance indicators to monitor a project after it goes live with a clear definition for success
- Prioritize access to data via a reporting and analytics platform, utilizing appropriate data governance processes
- Plan for and incorporate an enhancement or optimization schedule with any new implementation