With extensive experience serving the alternative investment industry, our audit approach focuses on understanding our clients’ specific operations and fundamental business strategies. From this understanding, we develop a tailored approach that meets the diverse needs of financial services companies.
Nationally, we have nearly 9,000 professionals and associates in 86 offices. In addition, we extend our worldwide reach with RSM International offices in many jurisdictions including the United Kingdom, the Cayman Islands, BVI, Singapore, Mauritius, Australia, India and Hong Kong.
Globally, RSM International brings together 38,300 professionals located in over 120 countries.
Helping investment firms differentiate themselves
For hedge funds, private equity firms, real estate investment funds and other investment firms, attracting new investors is vital. Being compliant with Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS®) can provide you with a powerful advantage as investors increasingly demand more transparency on investment performance results.
What is GIPS and how can it help you?
GIPS are a set of standardized, industry-wide principles that provide investment management firms with guidance on how to calculate and report investment performance to investors. While GIPS compliance is voluntary, more than 1,500 firms now claim compliance with GIPS. GIPS compliance can:
- Provide a competitive edge for winning new U.S. and global investors business
- Fulfill a key screening criterion for evaluating investment advisers
- Satisfy performance reporting requirements to gain and maintain institutional investor business
- Permit investors to assess and compare performance among investment advisers
- Deliver distinct competitive advantage over non-compliant investment advisers
RSM understands GIPS, and we understand you
Our combination of experience with GIPS and with the investment management industry means we can work quickly and effectively to put the powerful advantages of GIPS to work for you. We can assist you in the following areas:
- Helping you become a GIPS compliant firm
- Performing an independent third-party GIPS verification
- Conducting a GIPS performance examination of a selected number of your firm’s composites
Learn the steps private equity firms need to take to gain the advantages offered by GIPS compliance.
How can we help you?
To discuss how our team can help your business, contact us by phone 800.274.3978 or
Investment Industry Insights
The quarterly newsletter follows developments in accounting and finance and places them in the context of current events and changes in economic and marketplace trends.