Understanding and addressing your AML challenges
Proven experience, proven solutions, proven results
The members of our national AML team can help banks and nonbank financial institutions meet heightened regulatory expectations and mitigate the risks associated with money laundering.
- Our team members have extensive AML backgrounds and include Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (CAMS), as well as seasoned professionals, who have worked in a variety of high-risk AML environments. Moreover, our team includes former regulatory examiners, who bring valuable perspectives to AML engagements.
- We have handled many large AML projects for clients based internationally, as well as domestically. We actively assist clients with compliance issues through audits, monitoring, training and ongoing advisory roles.
- We work with over 1,000 financial institutions, including many with high-risk, international components to their business. Because of this, our team is well-versed in the broad range of issues related to AML and can help clients of all sizes and complexities achieve a strong compliance environment.
Our approach to AML compliance
With our practice infrastructure, we have resources in place that continuously monitor and interpret the ever-changing expectations around AML areas and provide relevant training, work programs and insight to our field professionals, so they are able to help clients stay ahead of evolving issues.
Our firm works in high-risk and highly scrutinized markets, such as South Florida, New York City, U.S. border geographies and other major financial markets, domestically and abroad.
By working in large community, regional, money center and international financial institutions, we bring a comprehensive view on best practices that helps clients operate efficiently and effectively.
How we can help
We offer a wide range of AML services to financial institutions throughout the U.S. and around the world.
AML program and scalability gap analysis
AML programs need to adapt to change as financial institutions grow, both organically and through acquisition. We can help identify gaps that will need to be filled by conducting an assessment of your AML program in its current state and comparing it to the AML program your future state will require.
Does your organization have the right levels of AML talent to meet current and prospective requirements? Through a staffing assessment, we can provide an independent appraisal of the level, capacity and expertise needed to operate your AML program at peak effectiveness.
Case management advisory
Financial institutions need to have appropriate processes, controls and decision matrices in place to manage AML cases effectively. We can assess your case management function to determine if it provides adequate support for your AML function. In addition, we can provide advisory assistance for individual cases as needed.
Review of customer onboarding processes and customer risk rating methodology
How well do you know your customers? The answer to that question is the essence of an effective AML program. We can help evaluate your overall risk-rating methodology – from customer identification and account opening to risk rating and ongoing monitoring – to help determine the effectiveness of these critical program elements.
Other AML services
- Risk rating methodology consulting
- Outsourced risk rating
- Enhanced due diligence
- Regulatory issue advisory
- Independent model and system validation
- System optimization and tuning
- Independent testing and audit
- Risk assessments
- Look-back projects
- System selection
- New product and service consulting
Financial Institution Insights
delivers news and information critical to community banking professionals. The bi-monthly newsletter tackles issues ranging from IT security to regulatory compliance to operational improvement.
Compliance news for the banking and investment industry. Gain insights about the latest compliance news and how it will affect your business.