Key project-readiness questions to consider
INSIGHT ARTICLE |
Taking stock of a project's goals, establishing some actionable and sustainable quick-win opportunities and then creating longer-term planning for performance enhancements is a good way to secure the success of a strategic initiative. However, before project launch, make sure the following can be answered.
- Do I have a clearly articulated strategic plan and who is responsible for developing it?
- Is the plan documented?
- Has the plan been reviewed with the board and approved?
- How often does the plan get reviewed?
- Have I identified key initiatives to execute on essential components of my strategic plan?
- How were the key initiatives identified, are they linked to overall organizational goals and who owns them?
- Do I have a mechanism in place to report on my key initiative on an ongoing basis?
- Do I have a common measurement process for my plan?
If you are experiencing challenges on any of the above, contact us. We'd love to help.