Awards and Recognitions
Like many of our clients, RSM US started out small. Striving. Entrepreneurial. What distinguished us from our competitors was our keen focus on client service. It has always been all about understanding our clients – their business, their aspirations, their challenges. By understanding our clients, we are able to provide them with fresh insights and tailored expertise to help them succeed.
Today, RSM US is a respected industry force, with coast-to-coast offices and global resources that serve our clients' growing business needs. We are a national firm with more than 8,000 employees working from more than 80 cities nationwide. But while we come from different places, we share core values – a focus on respect, integrity, teamwork, excellence and stewardship – that remain true to our founding principles.
We are key to our clients' success. When they succeed, we succeed. And based in part on recent awards and recognitions, we are succeeding. Here are a few of our recent national acknowledgements:
- RSM was named by Retail CIO Outlook as a Top 10 Retail POS (Point of Sale) Solution Provider for 2016
- RSM was recognized as the Best Accounting Firm at the 2016 HFM US Hedge Fund Service Awards
- RSM was designated a HITRUST CSF Assessor by the Health Information Trust Alliance (HITRUST)
- Working Mother magazine recognized RSM as one of the 2016 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies."
- RSM was recently named a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting® magazine for the third consecutive year
- RSM was recently recognized by Consulting® magazine with the publication’s Excellence in Social and Community Investment Award
- RSM US Wealth Management LLC ranked No. 4 by Accounting Today on the publication’s tenth annual list of top firms by AUM
- RSM was recently named to Microsoft Dynamics Inner Circle
- RSM was recently ranked No. 1 on Accounting Today’s annual listing of the Top 100 Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
- RSM was recently named No. 1 on Bob Scott’s Insights Top 100 VARs list for 2016
- IDG’s Computerworld announced today that RSM has been named a 2016 Best Places to Work in IT for the second consecutive year
- RSM was recently ranked No. 19 on Penton Technology’s MSPmentor list of the top 501 global managed service providers
- Corridor Business announced their 2016 Best of Corridor, which RSM was named as Best Business Consulting Firm, Best IT Support Company and Best Investment Services Firm
- RSM was named to 2016 Best Places to Work in Greater Philadelphia
- Best of Des Moines named RSM as winners to its Best Computer Consulting Company, Best Accounting Firm and runner up Best Wealth Management Company
- RSM’s Private Club received Tax Consultant of the Year for 2016 BoardRoom Excellence in Achievement
- NetSuite names RSM Worldwide Solution Provider Partner of the Year
- Forbes names RSM one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms
- Fatherly.com names RSM a 2016 ‘Best Places to Work for New Dads’
- RSM was recognized by the Forum for Expatriate Management (FEM) as Tax Provider of the Year, and presented with the organization’s esteemed Expatriate Management and Mobility Award (EMMA).
- RSM ranked No. 5 on Accounting Today’s ‘Top 100 Firms’ list (tenth consecutive year).
- Bob Scott selects RSM as a 2015 VAR Star.
- RSM named Accounting/Due Diligence Firm of the Year by M&A Advisors
- RSM named 2015 US Microsoft Dynamics AX Public Sector Partner of the Year
- McGladrey was named to Working Mother's 2015 'Best Companies" list
- The AICPA named McGladrey's Jan Phipps its Woman CPA of the Year
- McGladrey was named NetSuite's Americas Solution Provider Partner of the Year
- McGladrey takes top spot on Accounting Today's 2015 VAR 100 list
- McGladrey was named No. 1 on Bob Scott's Insights Top 100 VARS (Value-Added Resellers)
- Consulting® Magazine Recognizes McGladrey for Community Outreach
- McGladrey Named to Microsoft Dynamics' Inner Circle
- Corporate LiveWire Names McGladrey to 2015 M&A Awards Guide
- McGladrey Takes Top Spot on Accounting Today's 2015 VAR 100 List
- Computerworld Named McGladrey to 2015 List of Best Places to Work in IT
- McGladrey was ranked No. 7 out of 50 Top Accounting Firms for the second consecutive year by Vault.
- Accounting Today ranked McGladrey No. 5 on Top 100 Firms List.
- Bob Scott named McGladrey a 2014 VAR Star.
- McGladrey was named Avalara’s 2014 Accounting Partner of the Year.
- McGladrey was recognized by Working Mother magazine as a Working Mother of the Year for 2014, putting McGladrey in the Top 100 list for the eighth consecutive year. McGladrey also received the publication’s Candidate Experience award.
- McGladrey was ranked “highly recommended” for excellence in fund services during the 2014 U.S. Hedge Fund Services awards ceremony.
- McGladrey Joined the 2014 Microsoft Dynamics Inner Circle, President’s Club.
- McGladrey Moved up to No. 2 on Accounting Today’s 2014 VAR 100.
- McGladrey was named NetSuite’s Worldwide Partner of the Year – the first organization ever to achieve this prestigious recognition for two consecutive years.
- McGladrey was named No. 1 on Bob Scott’s Insights Top 100 VARS (Value-Added Resellers).
- McGladrey was named as a finalist in the American Business Awards’ 12th Annual Competition.
- McGladrey was named as one of the Best Companies in Massachusetts for Working Moms.
- Accounting Today ranked McGladrey the fifth on its annual list of Top 100 firms for the eighth consecutive year in 2014.
- McGladrey was selected as a member of the Bob Scott's VAR Stars, a group of 100 organizations honored for their accomplishments in the field of middle-market financial software.
- McGladrey was chosen winner of the 2014 Corporate International Magazine Global Award: Construction Sector Advisory Firm of the Year in the USA.
- Interactive Media Council recognized McGladrey.com as Best in Class Professional Services Website for excellence in website design.
Regional/Local/Employee Awards/Recognitions include:
- RSM made Minnesota Business Magazine’s 2016 ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ List and as a finalist for Community Impact Awards for Workplace Giving.
- M&A Advisor named RSM’s Jason Fennessy, Vikas Sekhri and Scott Walti as Emerging Leaders
- Boston Business Journal named RSM as a 2016 ‘Best Places to Work’ honoree in the large category.
- RSM’s Kimberly Hillyard received the ‘Tribute to Women of Achievement’ by Waypoint Services.
- RSM received a Mayor’s Business Recognition Award for forming a Community Outreach Committee by the Greater Baltimore Committee and Baltimore Development Corporation.
- RSM’s Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and Waterloo offices have been named one of the ‘Coolest Places to Work’ by the Corridor Business Journal.
- Consulting magazine names RSM’s Danielle Jarosz as a ‘35 Under 35’ Rising Star.
- AICPA recognized RSM’s Michael Westendorf as a recipient of the 2015 Elijah Watt Sells Award.
- RSM US's Theresa Merlino was named a Future Leader for Women Leaders in Consulting award by Consulting magazine.
- RSM US's Joe Adams named to Accounting Today's "Top 100 Most Influential People"
- Travis Fell slected as an honoree for Corridor Business Journal's 'Forty Under 40' award
- The AICPA recognized four McGladrey employees – John Karl Buntz, Mark Connolly, Matthew Robert Durette and Lora Beth Dust – with its 2014 Elijah Watt Sells Award.
- Consulting Magazine named McGladrey's Chris Wetmore A Rising Star.
- McGladrey’s Christi Mack was selected as one of the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s 2015 Women in Business awards honorees.
- Minnesota Business magazine named McGladrey a recipient for its 2015 100 Best Companies to Work for Awards. Presented by Minnesota Business magazine, these awards honor 100 Minnesota companies that have been deemed as the best places to work by none other than their own employees. To see the full list of 100, please visit MinnesotaBusiness.com.
- McGladrey was named a “Best Place to Work” by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
- Kara Trahan from McGladrey's Oklahoma City office was selected for the Oklahoma Society of CPAS (OSCPA) as a recipient of its “Trailblazer” award.
- Steve McCann, office managing partner in Davenport, was named as a recipient of the 2015 ATHENreceived Male Champion of Change award.
- Cedar Rapids’ Carley Umstead was honored with the Tribute to Women of Achievement award by Waypoint Services.
- MHouston partners Jan Phipps, Tommy Wright, and Barry Margolis were honored at the Houston CPA Society Scholarship dinner.
- McGladrey was named as one of the Best Companies in Massachusetts for Working Moms.
- McGladrey was named one of Orlando Business Journal’s Best Places to Work for 2014.
- McGladrey was named one of the Minnesota Star Tribune’s “Top Workplaces 2014,” for the second year in a row.
- McGladrey was selected as a winner of 2014 Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® for 2014, for the ninth consecutive year.
- McGladrey was named one of Boston Business Journal’s Best Places to Work, and was ranked No. 7 on Boston Business Journal Management Consulting List, and we expect to hear soon about the IT Consulting list so we will keep you posted.
- McGladrey’s Brian Becker was named Consulting magazine’s Top 25 Consultants for 2014.
- Three of McGladrey’s office managing partners in South Florida – Michael Balter, Frank Campiana and Bob Feldman – were recognized as Power Leaders in Accounting by the South Florida Business Journal.
- Consulting magazine named McGladrey's Ross Krusell as one of the publication's "Rising Stars of the Profession."
- Brandon Maves, audit partner in Minneapolis and McGladrey’s national construction practice leader, was named one of Minnesota Business magazine’s The (Real) Power 50 for 2014.
- The Boston Business Journal named McGladrey the fifth largest accounting firm in Massachusetts.
- The Downtown Partnership of Baltimore Appointed McGladrey’s Jason Sevier to its board