Join us for our Urgent Care CFO Boot Camp
IN-PERSON EVENT |
Merchant Medicine and RSM have been advising hospital clients on their urgent care strategy, operations, accounting and finance for many years. Based on numerous requests from clients, this summer we are introducing an Urgent Care Boot Camp for CFOs and their finance teams.
Urgent care medicine is one of the fastest growing segments of healthcare today. It has become a strategic investment for large private equity firms, health insurance companies, high net worth individuals and, of course, hospitals and health systems. The urgent care business is fundamentally strategic because it connects with a mass market of patients who are among the most demographically attractive segments of the population, especially when it comes to population health management.
Urgent care operations management has evolved to become far more sophisticated in ways that are similar to the hospitality industry. Thus, it is now very different compared to most hospital service lines. Many health systems are struggling with how to evaluate urgent care financial performance versus in/outpatient and medical groups. The goal of this boot camp is to show attendees where organizations can drive 5-20 percent financial performance improvement by targeting key opportunity areas.
Topics we will cover:
Urgent Care Valuations
- Drivers behind urgent care valuations
- Urgent care acquisitions in your market
- Trends in urgent care valuations
Real Estate and Market Analysis
- Choosing an ideal site for your urgent care center
- Approaching capital investment for private operators
- Urgent care market demographic assessment
Urgent Care Financial Management
- Typical patient volume ramp for a new center
- Healthy volume trends and business mix
- Revenue cycle management
- Credit card transactions and consumer debt
- Payer contracting
- Staffing models and compensation trends
- Audit, tax and risk management
- Spending ratios for marketing and advertising
- Supplies and vendors