RSM is a proud sponsor of SelectUSA
Bringing together global companies to promote foreign direct investment in the US
Expanding your business beyond your home country is an exciting and complex venture. RSM’s inbound tax team advises foreign-based companies on effective cross-border tax strategies and planning for expansion into the United States. These strategies include:
- Setting up tax-efficient US corporate structures
- Financing US operations through an optimized mix of debt and capital funding
- Understanding federal, state and local tax credits
- Managing federal tax rules and compliance requirements
- Navigating state and local tax nexus rules
- Relocating employees to work in the US entity
- Managing payroll tax consequences
- Improving accountability and accuracy of global compliance
As a non-U.S. company, there are a wide variety of considerations as you expand your operations including:
- Developing accounting policies and preparing US reporting for payments to suppliers and service providers
- Establishing a technology and telecommunications infrastructure
- Keeping your data safe and integrating your processes with the rest of your global organization
- Requirements related to financial investments, sale of assets, and business valuations
We also work seamlessly with experienced attorneys and bankers who can set up new US companies and bank accounts and advise on immigration and visa matters.
Treasury officials offer insights on proposed debt/equity regulations
IRS issues guidance on inversions and earnings stripping
IRS will increase focus on inbound middle-market taxpayers
FIRPTA rules impact U.S. real estate transactions
International buyer beware: A seller’s market in US M&A requires adjusted due diligence efforts
Foreign parent companies of US companies may lose US treaty benefits
Explore this guide offered by RSM to international companies looking to do business in the US.
Taxes and visas and banking, Oh my! Navigating the US regulatory environment
Sunday June 19, 2016
Mario de Castro, Senior Manager, International Tax participates in a panel discussion during the SelectUSA Academy. The investor track is designed specifically for business investors who are entering the U.S. market and provides concrete information and practical tips on how to invest and grow in the United States – and what to expect along the way.
Featured RSM Speaker
You may also be interested in
RSM US Middle Market Business Index provides never-before-seen view into the future of the real economy.
THE REAL ECONOMY
2015 Economic Outlook: Broadening economic growth and prosperity will define the economy in the year ahead.
Stay current on international tax news surrounding BEPS compliance and implementation issues that impact multinational companies.